advice needed please. xx

Bud123love

Reaction score
hi all - I am 38 weeks and for the past couple of days I have not felt myself. I was absolutely fine a few days ago - excited like I should be. but all I can explain how I feel is that I have lost all enthusiasm towards the baby - when she kicks I have no interest like I did - when ppl say oh you must be getting excited - it makes me more nervous - because I don't feel excited. I feel scared and worried. I hate the way im feeling - I feel so bad. I am 26 and know im ready to have a baby - but I am so scared of when she gets here, that I am going to have to look after a baby. I am scared of being on my own with her - and scared that I will constantly need ppl around. im worried of feeling how I feel now, when she is here. im scared im not going to love her - which I know is silly - as when shes here I know I will. I just feel so down and almost like I am so scared, that I don't want to be pregnant anymore.

is this normal pregnancy worries and hormonal changes?

Sounds like maybe a bit of prenatal depression. I'd go talk to your doctor

At 38 weeks, it could just be normal first time mummy nerves. Equally, it could be antenatal depression like pp said. I would talk to your midwife or doctor about it and if you don't feel better within a few days/weeks of baby being born, please get help for postnatal depression. But don't be too hard on yourself either. Nerves are perfectly normal, as is some "baby blues" for a few days after the birth. Just make sure you stay vigilant and get help if you feel you're not coping or you start to think it's more than just nerves or hormones.

It is normal to be worried and scared, but if it gets to the point where you don't find joy or happiness in life at all,I would talk to your doctor. After the baby is born, the hormones will just get even more crazy, and it is hard adjusting to a new baby. After the baby comes, don't be alarmed if it takes a while to really feel that love for him or her. Some women take longer getting to know their baby, and take a little longer until that 'true love' feeling kicks in. Once you get to know their little personality, nothing will compare to that love, but it does take time, and it is normal!! Hormones are crazy, and bring a new life into this world is scary! You can do it though, and you are the mama, and none is better qualified to raise this kid than you! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->