Advice needed please :)

treschic81

Reaction score
I am pregnant with my 3rd. I had 2 previous hospital births with epidurals. For this birth I am still going to a hospital, but plan to do all natural and labor / birth in a tub. I am obviously familiar with the labor process, but do you think since this is my 1st natural birth that I need some sort of classes? I'm not sure what to do or what type of classes would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Being mentally prepared is key. Classes is one way to do it, it varies from woman to woman. Another important factor is what support do you have and how much "training" and knowledge do THEY have in normal birth and your specific wishes? :)

Well it will just be my husband and the midwife. My husband has obviously only had experience with my previous medicated births. Any recommendations on wha type of classes to take?

Hey I took hypnobirthing classes which I found great-I think one of the most useful things was to know physically what was happening during birth and how the body is built to do it-learning the effects of fear on labour was interesting and important to me also-I was quite sceptical in the beginning but its actually a very logical and factual approach.

A natural birth class would be helpful, so is reading a lot of natural birth books.

I agree, be mentally prepared for it! I had an epidural with my first child and with my second i had a natural birth (unplanned natural birth ) I was not mentally ready for it and in my experience i learned my body handled the pain very well but since i was not ready i was more scared of what it was going to be like than anything else. I am currently pregnant and plan to do another natural birth, i just have to remember this time not to hold my hubbys hand!

Thanks for the advice! Can anyone recommend a good book(s)?

I had 3 babies no drugs, no epidurals. It seemed like the stuff they were telling me not to do helped me the most. They told me to breathe deep, but taking short fast breaths helped control the pain..and screaming..BELLOWING. It's painful! I'm not going to lie. The worst thing you can do though is try to hold back your screams. It helps a lot. And a birthing ball helps move the baby down. Makes it go faster!

Thanks for the advice! Can anyone recommend a good book(s)?

I'm reading Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth. I also have (but haven't read) Birthing from Within by Pam England and Rob Horowitz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->