Advice needed please

SharonF

Mum of 1- pregnant again!
Reaction score
Dear all

I had a MMC at about 11 weeks in December. Tough. I am 38 so time is not abundant and this would have been, as most are, a much longed for baby even though we had only just started ttc.

I know that I Ovd just over 2 weeks ago and was due to have AF on 15th (2 days ago). On CD 12 and 13 I got a very faint line on a First Response test and on CD 14 I got 1-2 weeks pregnant on a Clear Blue digital. Obviously we were over the moon!

For two/three days after I had all the symptoms; headaches, sore bbs, nausea, cramping. But this morning my BBT was low and I am now bleeding, seems like AF to me.

Have I had a chemical pregnancy do you think? I am gutted, my hopes were so high, only to be dashed again. I almost wish I hadn't tested so early.

Any comments or advice are welcomed.
Thanks.

Oh i'm not sure hunny, i hope someone can help you :hugs: x

Thanks for your quick replies girls. Nice to not feel alone.

I tested this morning, but only with an internet cheapie - all I had - and it was negative. But I know they are not so sensitive. Do you think I should test tomorrow with another CD digi? I had pretty much given up any hope this round. Didn't think I could bleed and have a low temp and still be preg.

Yes, feels like AF, Bright red blood and not heavy but far more than spotting. Since I got up about 3 hours ago. BBS nowhere near as tender today.

Seems it's game over this month :(

Thanks for all of your replies.

I went to the Dr who has referred me for a scan tomorrow at the EPU. He doesn't seem to think it is 100% bad news but I am not getting my hopes up.

He also said not to do a home preg test as I was planning to tomorrow. He said the hormones will hang around if it is a loss so it will still say positive even if it's not. He didn't pay much regard to my dip in BBT today either.

Not getting my hopes up but maybe it's not game over. Keeping my fingers crossed and wishing tomorrow will come soon. Thanks for your time ladies x

Hey hun not to be the bearer of bad news but it sounds just like my chemical, I had a MMC last June at 9weeks followed by a chemical in September 09. I am 38 too.

My chemical was pretty similar got a FRER positive and a a digi then a week later and loads more tests they went lighter and AF started however I had a positive on docs test so he counted it as a loss.

Hope its positive news at EPU tomorrow xxxxx

Yes, thanks.

That's what I am guessing, but just need to be sure. I was all set just to get on with it and accept it as a loss but I called the Dr's surgery just for advice and they said I had to come in and see a Dr, who then referred me for a scan. He was very good and said it may still be okay, but I am still bleeding and it seems like AF so I am not getting my hopes up.

:hugs: :hugs::flower:

I'm so sorry you're going through that, i know how heartbreaking it is!
it sounds like a chemical to me (i've had 2)

Don't regret having tested early- if i hadn't realised i had 2 chemicals then my Obgyn wdn't have put me on baby aspirin during my last pregnancy (which ended at 14wks due to acrania :cry:- totally unrelated).

He said a lot of chemical pregnancies happen because of blood clots that form. of course, it's a good idea to get a blood test before taking the aspirin.

It's important to grieve your loss- don't let anyone tell you it wasn't "real", like my useless friends!

Take care hun, hope you get your sticky sticky bean soon xxxxx :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->