ADVICE NEEDED!! Sorry it's a long one but I really need help :(

broody_mama

Reaction score
Ok, so I owe Argos £500...that is the only outstanding debt I have.

I am with Nationwide atm and each month they are deciding to charge me £30 making me overdrawn, for which they charge me £30 the next month...so basically they are making £30 a month from me ad wont stop taking the money from me, which that £30 would be better used in paying argos back.

I am thinking about getting a credit card and using that to pay off my argos debt, and then the money I am getting each month, can be used for bills and the rest used to pay off my credit card, though I will give it to my mum after paying argos off to prevent me from using it to buy unnecesary things and she can get the food allowance out.

I am getting my childminding business set up here when baby is 6 months old (ive just moved to this area and am 30 weeks perg....setting it up now would be suicidal)

Sorry it's long, just need some advice on whether it is a good idea to do this or not?

i wouldnt advise a credit card at all

i would get onto the bank and try to get the charges stopped, if they wont help then the only way would be to leave an extra £30 in one month to cover the charge and they would not make you go overdrawn so wouldnt be charging the next month

if argos debt is mounting and nothing being paid but interest added i would firstly call them up and try to arrange some sort of alternative paymeny plan - most places are willing to do htis if its the only way they are going to get paid - if you get no joy from argos nip to the citezens advice who will put you in touch wqith someone who can help

please please please dont take on a credit card - credit to pay debt never works and before you no it you will be in a downward spiral - its so not worth it hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"