Advice needed swollen purple legs. Pic

nic_ttc_no3

Reaction score
Hi just after a bit of advice of what this could be if people could help please.
Im 35 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby never had this before. I've had swollen ankles lately (joys of pregnancy) but the last 2 days my lower legs and ankles have been swelling, and going a purple colour with white patches.
Though I would ask here as Google scares life out of me, dh making me go to doctors tomorrow but was just wondering if anyone had any answers in the meantime :)

Attachments

• DSC_0082.jpg
    DSC_0082.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 86
No idea, but I would call your dr's office instead of waiting until tomorrow and see if they want you checked out earlier - either in office or in l&d - unless, of course, you've already called and they are asking you to go in.

SOME swelling in pregnancy is normal, but that looks like it's outside of what is normal and need checked out (of course it could still be nothing and completely normal for you, but it's definitely worth a call sooner than later to be safe).

Thanks spunky I was debating ringing the pregnancy assessment to ask tonight as my sister scared me with a horror story similar. But didn't want to be a drama Queen and thought I would ask advice first also feel anxious because my dh is on nightshift tonight so my ds and dd are in bed and I'm stuck if they ask me to go in :-/

Is ur sister or anyone available to help you out

She lives other side of the UK, I've just rang my parents and they are heading over I'm currently on hold to assessment unit to see if they want me to go in, my dad will stay at my home while my mam comes with me if I have to go xx

like others have said, you need to call rather then wait till tomorrow. It may well be just from being on your feet all day. with 2 little ones you don't really get much chance to sit down and relax

Defo not much time to relax steph I'm usually quite laid back about things but must admit this has worried me abit.

So assessment have asked me to go in for tests for preclampsia :-/ scared....just waiting for parents to get here and then I'll head straight down, don't know whether to ring dh I don't want to worry him or for him to get in trouble leaving work cause I know he will.

I was thinking that maybe what they'd want to test for.
As for hubby i'd say give him a ring but tell him if you need him you'll let him know and that you'll keep him updated. That way he'll know and he won't have to leave work if it turned out that they were going to just send you home anyway.
His work should be understanding.

Yeah your right steph I give him a quick ring and persuade him to stay there, hopefully be back home soon being told it's nothing :)

I'm glad you decided to call and that you're getting checked out! I was thinking along the lines of pre-e as well.

I agree to let your husband know, but let him know you'll keep him updated so he doesn't have to leave so that he only will have to leave if it's absolutely necessary. Also I would hope his employer would be understanding if he had to leave due to a medical situation with you/baby/your kids.

Keep us posted on how it goes!

Deff call, always best to be on the safe side but if it helps I had very serious odema (swelling) and there was nothing wrong with me at all, just one of those things.
I was swollen all the way up to under my boobs by the time he came and my feet had permanently (came back after birth thank god!) gone up four shoe sizes.
I'm still known at my doctors three years later as the person who swelled!
I did have eclampsia after giving birth not before, but was told it was unrelated. Good luck!

Being kept in tonight and they have took bloods, put DVT stockings on my legs because I'm stuck on the bed with baby monitor on, they are doing further tests in morning said the doc will be around early morning to talk to me, tried getting some sleep but legs are restless and monitor is uncomfortable. So no further forward yet but they said did right thing ringing and going in. Xx

Glad you're getting monitored! I hope you're able to get some sleep and please let us know what they say in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->