• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Advice needed

sproutly2003

Reaction score
My LO is 10!weeks old and has been having 6oz of formula every 4 hrs. His last feed of the day and night feed are hungry milk as advised by HV. He appeared to be getting hungry sooner so we upped him to 7oz which he drinks of the normal milk, but not the hungry milk. He'll only drink 6oz of that. Should I put him on the hungry milk for all his feeds but just at 6oz?

I have no idea why your hv advised hungry milk for some of your babies feeds but 7oz every 4 hours seems fine to me. I would just stick to first milk for all of his feeds tbh. There is no evidence to suggest that hungry milk has any extra benefits for babies and the reason your baby can only stomach 6oz of hungry milk instead if his usual 7oz of first milk is because it contains proteins that are harder to digest, so the milk stays in his system for longer making him feel fuller whilst not providing any extra calories or nutrition than first milk. xXxXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->