Advice needed????

Jo-anne

Reaction score
Hi peeps.

Please if you can offer any advice or information I would appreciate it feeling a bit helpless.

Lewis is now 5 weeks old. And has suffered from bad colic since he has been born. I have tried so far, Dr Brown bottles, Infacol, Colief, Gripe water and massage.

Any hoo - Lewis for the past two days has been sick after every feed ranging from two tables-spoons to nearly a whole feed. And his nappies range from nothing/constipated to runny (sorry). On top of this he has a bad cold.

I have been to the doctor and health visitor who have not helped. He will not settle and sleeps about an hour a day. :(

I am not sure what to do - is it his wind, a virus??? :?

aaawww hunny when i was a baby used to have bad colic and my mum used to but me on my stomach with a sheet under my chin as the knees push on my stomach and mum was patting my back it relief me give it ago!!!

im not too sure if it is his wind - he seems to be really sick x

Jonny had colic and cried between 7 and ten every night for the first two and half months of his life! If it is colic he will draw up his knees to his stomach AND wail. It can be quite normal for LO to be sick after feeding. As long as he is having wet nappies I wouldn't worry about the pooh as some babies can go without one for days. If no-one else is worried just keep an eye on his temperature.

hun if your not happy go back to the doc and see another doctor and tell them your not happy as sometimes i find that you are just another number to the doctors and they dont really care they just want you in and out

good luck and hope little one gets better soon

spunky xx

The sickness has stopped - well only and tiny amount when winding.

Still not settling at night thou. Sleep please I need sleep x

Is he breast fed or on a formula?

Stanley was like this when he was tiny, terrible wind, refluxing loads and constipated.

We changed him from SMA gold onto Comfort and he became more settled very quickly.

Hope things calm down for you soon

xxxxxx

If it continues maybe take a look at his formula, maybe it doesn't suit?

I know it's not a case of one fits all but I have to say the Comfort has been excellent for us.

Dior had acid reflux. she started of just by being sick. but it was causing her so much pain. she would be fine fast asleep then wake screaming in pain. nothing would settle her she would only sleep upright could never sleep in her back. she would often sleep in her door bouncer when she was sick it would come up thick. i was using sma. but i changed to cow and gate it did help a little. and it finally stopped when she was 6months old

this is how i had to sit for hours for her to sleep
https://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h150/dionne1985/ddd.jpg
https://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h150/dionne1985/dd-1.jpg

Aww look at Dior! I love her little romper suit in the second pic-gorgeous colours :D

Definitely lok on changing the milk hun. Charlie is on c & g comfort as he had those problems. His was also down to reflux, which in babies is often mis-diagnosed as colic.

i think i will try changing his milk.

He is just crying all the time - Dionne like your saying he could be sleeping and wakes himself up screaming.

feel so useless seeing him in pain x

Amanda said:
Definitely lok on changing the milk hun. Charlie is on c & g comfort as he had those problems. His was also down to reflux, which in babies is often mis-diagnosed as colic.

I'll honestly always be grateful for you for suggesting Comfort that day. :D

does the cow and gate comfort do hungry babies as lewis is on sma white x

Id speak to Gail before changing milk Jo-anne :D

i think changing the formula is a really good idea. i had those problems with alana, really gassy, screaming crying, throwing up, diahreha (sp lol) ect ect. i had her on similac, then enfilac (sp) the enfamil SOY (thought she was possibly lactose intolerant :?) and then someone suggested nestle goodstart, so finally last week i tried that and its been wonderful. she goes to sleep around 1.30am (kinda late i know... buuut.. >) she sleeps until around 9-11 am the next morning. so i can't complain, especially since alexis sleeps until 9, so i get close to 8 hours. that was my best thing i did. i know you have different types of formula over there, but give it a shot changing it, even if you don't find the right one right away, keep trying its so worth it once you find the right one for your lo :D good luck hun also do you have a swing maybe he will calm in there (i imagine you've already tried that one lmao just thought i'd add it tho) good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->