Advice on babywearing

M

Maffie

Well I took Noah out today and my connecta just isn't comfortable enough now im pregnant. After 30 minutes I was feeling the weight a bit (granted its 31 degrees here but I was hot and bothered. Im not very wrap savvy so some advice on suitable ways to carry Noah (quite a light weight but long 8 month old would be greatly appreciated.

:flower:

you could do a hip carry - but i'm not sure if you can do this in a connecta.
I have a moby wrap and you can do a hip carry on that.

what about a back carry - i know you can do them in the connecta.

I dont mind getting a new wrap, ive tried my moby and struggled with it.

I've been struggling in this weather and I@m not even pregnant! I was thinking of doing a high back carry where you tie above your boobs rather than at the waist. I'll try and find the youtube video someone found for me tonight.

Well, he should be big enough to go into the back carry, and that might actually help you balance out the bump on the front as you get bigger!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyNVpVeYtI4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5KuUKVNkXo

I'm struggling with the heat of most of my carriers in this weather, and I'm not pregnant! :hugs:

My mum wants me to get a small pushchair for the car for the short trips out. Im thinking I might have to. Only concern I have wit a back carry is he pulls my hair (ive also got a fractured coccyx which im struggling to get to heal).

I've got the same problem with my coccyx! I was told it won't get any better while I'm breastfeeding as the hormones loosen the ligaments allowing it to move and cause pain :( Bloody sore, but not enough to make me stop BF!

Anyway, is your hair long enough to tie up tightly? I'm thinking a french plait, or a bun might keep most of it out of his accidental grasp... Of course if he's grabbing it on purpose that's another story!

Yeah really long hair had a foot chopped off recently but he has a thing for stroking it and playing with it :rofl:

I fell and damaged the coccyx but didnt realise the BF would slow down the healing.

Ummm... It isn't good news, but your's is likely to last quite some time with the pregnancy hormones too :dohh: I was initially told by the OB physio it'd stop being as painful once I'd delivered, then she asked how I would be feeding :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->