Advice on c-section

Julie74d

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm due to have a c-section this time around after forceps delivery first time round. I was wondering though do you still bleed down below after the birth like you do a vaginal birth? i'm thinking this is not the case but thought I would ask the question so i can be prepared for when i go to hospital.

Yes you do still bleed. I had no idea before I had my section either!

I bled very heavily with quite big clots (sorry TMI) for 3.5 weeks. The hospital will provide really thick towels for you, I took my own anyway but didn't use them.

HTH :flower:

I was shocked to bleed after my section and it was really really heavy to the point where even with a hospital thick towel it was running down my legs (soz TMI)
I am still bleeding now just over 5 weeks on but not as heavy

Yup u still bleed I'm afraid! I bled for about 4 1/2 weeks.

I bled alot for about 5 weeks, if anything I think we bleed more...

I only bled for about 2wks and only a few days heavy with all 3 c/s, cant compare to a normal birth though as I havent had one lol

Ugh, yeah. You definitely still bleed. My OH didn't know that either but I knew the extra blood had to go somewhere! Lol.

Not trying to be nasty, but why would you think you wouldn't bleed? The site where the placenta shears off from still needs to bleed and heal.

And yes I did for 6 loooong weeks, ugh!

yep up to 6 weeks. i had mine almost 3 weeks ago and still bleeding. the more you move around the worse it seems to get. make sure you take it easy. sit instead of stand.. laydpwn instead of sit.

I bled for 6 weeks, but it was really REALLY light. So don't let all these stories get you! It's possible not to bleed much depending on how the procedure is done. The dr will essentially clean you out, so the blood is taken out, rather than being pushed out by our bodies. I didn't have much bleeding after at all. Hope your like me!

I bled for 6 weeks, but it was really REALLY light. So don't let all these stories get you! It's possible not to bleed much depending on how the procedure is done. The dr will essentially clean you out, so the blood is taken out, rather than being pushed out by our bodies. I didn't have much bleeding after at all. Hope your like me!

I'm in your boat it's not been heavy just gets heavier the more I run around the house. Depends in the person I guess.

Yep you sure do as the uterus still has excess blood to get rid of.....I bled for abour 3 1/2 weeks.

Im four weeks later and bleeding is like a lightish period, i think ive stopped, then no its still there just lurking, trying to fool me. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->