• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Advice on cancelling my gym membership

Mellie1988

Mummy Of 2, Number 3 Due
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Well as the title says, I want to cancel my gym membership....think it sucks that they trap you into a 12 month contract!! I had best intentions to go every weds fri and sunday when I first signed up in Feb, I have probably been about 8 times max? I just can't be bothered, doesn't do anything for me and I dread going...would rather just carry on with my walking and chasing my kids, thats enough exercise for me for now :haha:.

So, I still have like half a year left of my contract, just wondering if anyone knows what would happen if I just cancelled my DD? :blush: or if there is anything that would make me eligible to cancel my membership??

Thanks
x

I know mine was a 12 month contract but I could cancel after 3 months. Maybe yours is similar?
I never knew that I could cancel after 3 months I went in and asked and they told me about it x

If you signed the contract knowing it was for 12 months, you are stuck, I'm afraid.
If you just cancel, the gym will get on your back. They will get their financial people or creditors to chase the debt. You will end up on the credit black list.
I know as I did this!!!!!!

The only way usually is if you move house and can prove the change of address.

From my experience, cancellind the DD is not worth the hassle.

xxx

Only way to find out is to look through the papers you signed to see what the contract says and/or to contact them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->