Advice on Dopplers?

sunshine2014

Reaction score
Has anyone used a doppler in the past? I'm looking to get one for the end of first/second trimester but have no idea where to start!

Sonaline B. Best by far. I got another one that was a bit cheaper and ended up throwing it out because it was horrible.

I got the Angelsounds which is the cheaper Amazon option. It doesn't do anything fancy like measure the heart rate but if you just want to hear baby's heart and know all's good then it's fine and won't break the bank.

If you haven't used one before there are YouTube vids to give you an idea of where to press and what to listen for. It'll be WAY lower on belly than you think!

i have a sonoline b. i bought it off ebay for 42 dollars and it came with batteries and a small tube of ultrasound gel. i ended up buying two gigantic Aquasonic 100 gels from amazon because the generic tube only lasted me two doppler sessions. turns out, i bought the same ultrasonic gel as the professional sonographer had at my private gender scan. haha. but yea, it's a really good one ive not tried any other brand i didnt want to risk being disappointed.

We rented one with my son. This was ten years ago, but we used this company:
https://www.heartbeatsathome.com/

When I didn't need it any more, I sent it back. It worked well. I used it a lot to ease my mind.

Thanks for all the tips!! :) Did you find it eased the paranoia? lol

renting is a great idea as well!!!!

I have an Angel sounds. No the one with the headphones but the one that tells you the heart rate. It was like $40. I've only used it about 4 times but it does help when I'm feeling anxious. When you run out if the gel you can just use lotion or conditioner. Works just as well.

I have sonoline b and love it :) got it when I was 9+2 and have found it every day since. For me it calms me :) i ordered it from something called fetaldoppler.net or .com took just a couple of days to arrive :)

Wow. That's a great video. Thanks so much!!! I'll definitely look into it. Did you get the sonoline B on amazon? How much was it?

I have the sonoline b bought it from amazon 2+ years ago never had a problem with it also found beans heartbeat on Monday at 8w5d :)

How early should you be able to hear the heartbeat on a doppler? And what if you have a tipped uterus??

I've always used a sonoline b. Worked from the 8w mark with 3 of my pregnancies but I could find DS2 in week 7! It definitely helps reassure me and if something's gone wrong, I know right away. X

How early should you be able to hear the heartbeat on a doppler? And what if you have a tipped uterus??

I usually have a tilt which sometimes hides baby in abdominal scans and from the doppler when very early on. by about 9-10w it becomes a lot easier to find x

definately sonoline B but be sure to get the 3mhz probe. I got it with my last pregnancy and I was exactly 8 wks and found the hb that day. It saved me from a dr visit that mon (it was sat I got it). Now 2 yrs later I am pregnant again and I am going to attempt it this weekend but not expect anything at a little over six weeks. But thats not going to stop me from trying. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->