advice on FSH and LH levels please!

Misskitty

Reaction score
I've had my CD3 blood tests taken, and called the surgery for my results. The receptionist says they have been checked by the doctor and are all ok, i was just hoping one of you more experienced ladies might be able to expalin them in English!

FSH levels Pre 2.5 Peri??35
LH pre1-10 Mid cycle 20-50

Are these levels really ok? and is the 'Peri' figure some sort of predicted future level??

Thanks in advance.x

omg thats double dutch to me !! hope someone can help x

Well pre would be before and peri after - but not sure what event they are talking about - AF? O?

I wonder if the receptionist has given you the levels that the tested person should be within. I think you would be looking for just one figure for each (but that's only cos I googled and that seemed to be the norm). I think you should ask your doctor to tell you what the results are and what they mean. Let us know when you find out.

Hiya

Basically your FSH levels are you Ovarian reserve and quality of your eggs. Anything between 1-3.5 is absolutly brilliant, anything between 3.5-8 is ok but not brilliant (mine is 6.4) and anything over 10 means you have pretty much no chance of having a natural child. The figure they are interested in is before you O, hence the pre figure. After O is not really releavant.

Your LH level sounds good to. LH surges to make you O, so before O its very low and goes up afterwards.

Did they give you a progesterone level too?

Hi Hayley2, thanks for your reply. The receptionist did say that the Dr had checked the results and it was all fine and she didn't need to see me etc, and i know that low=good! i was just curious as to what the other figures meant

I'm haiving the progesterone test at day 21. As i understand it they have to do it several days after Ov to make check that the levels present are high enough to sustain a pregnancy.

You've been through all this as well then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->