Advice on maintaining weight in pregnancy

shirlls

Reaction score
I am currently 5 weeks pregnant and to look at me you'd think I was 5 months! My belly is all swollen and my hips have gained as weight just like they always do when I get pregnant.

Obviously the health of the baby is most important compared to how much I weigh, and I am going to talk to my GP about it.

When I had my son 19 months ago I gained over three and a half stone and was very overweight after his birth, so I really don't want to be as heavy again if I can help it if my pregnancy continues (I am only 5 weeks and have a history of recurrent miscarriage I am keeping an open mind and just hoping and praying it does continue).

I lost four and a half stone after having my son, and was slimmest I've ever been. People complimented me on how slim I looked and my weight loss, and I felt really healthy and was confident wearing clothes I liked. However we started ttc again at end of last year, I got pregnant but it sadly ended in a mmc at 11 weeks :( . I had gained ten pounds in that 11 weeks and then I comfort ate for a while afterwards and gained another stone :( .

I know weight isn't the most important thing however I want to try to maintain as much as possible if my pregnancy does last and also keep my baby healthy.

Any advice would be welcome :flower:

First :hugs:

I know you can maintain weight during pregnancy- within reason of course. Like you said, it's not most important, but I think it's good for you and baby to gain weight slowly. Are you able to walk much? Even fast walks will get your blood going and help with overall aches or swelling. I worked out before TTC- and also during my entire pregnancy- and that helped me manage! Especially since I had a horrid sweet tooth- so I can imagine what I may have gained otherwise! lol.

Plus- if you get into those eating/fitness habits now- it's just easier after LO is born to get back to it and keep it up. I don't think any doc would recommend you start a difficult excercise routine DURING pregnancy- but walking is healthy and low impact. You can just ask your doc what they do recommend initially- and maybe just try to eat healthier overall (easier said than done sometimes!).

You got this :) Best of luck and congrats!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->