Advice on OPK's and PRESEED ...please

anxiousbump1

Mummy to Aiden & Pregnant
Reaction score
Hey girls,
I have been tracking my cycles for 7 months and on average have a 30 days cycle, have been TTC for 3-4months now and noting, due AF on 28th-ish if i dont get a BFP this month was thinking about using OPK's next month as i unfortuantely dont get any pain or much warning about ovulation apart from increased CM 2 days before expected OV so dont really know if i ovulate early or late or whatever, a bit confused to be honest...with my son i fell pregnant quite quickly, so the active TTC is new.

So if i was to buy OPK's how do they basically work, i know you test abut 4pm each day starting from about CD10 am i right? And when the line is darker than the test line you are ovulating?
If i am wrong or right please please let me know or give me some pointers...it would be really appreciated...
Also have been reading about PRESEED do you have any experience with it, we dont usually use lube but anything to help, but any advice or pros and cons would be amazing!
thanks ladies, really dont know what i would do without you all and this board...
baby dust to you all:dust: :dust:

hi hun, i used opk's for the first time last month and there really easy although i did get digital so got a smiley face when the test was positive but when the line is as dark as the control line that means your body is having a lh surge so your about to ovulate so do the bd as much as you can then. Dont really no about preseed. Good luck x

thanks hun that helps, was reading loads of info on the net and think i confused myself haha, is the digital ones good, i heard they are expensive, and trying to save at the moment for my sons 1st bday...i found the sensitivies of the OPK's confusing, is the high sensitivities the best?
and i have noticed people using them after OV aswell if i did this would i want the line to stay dark or get lighter then darker....god why is TTC so confusing haha...

i didnt keep testing as like you say to expensive to. They were like 20pounds for 7 tests but what you could do is use the cheap ones till the line's starting to get darker then use the digital one. It says on the box to stop after first positive so i didnt do anymore. I really liked them but not using them this month as i have an idea when i o now x

ah right thanks so much for the advice hun, if my AF comes then ill head out get a box of 7 digital and then buy the IC's from ebay, i have spotted a pack of 40 for only £1.99 before delivery, so might get them and go a little mad...im turning into a POASA! been testing since 5DPO with HPT IC'S!

do you mind if i ask how many tests you used before the smiley? and when is best in your cycle to start testing? thanks amy you have been such a help!

@ anxious bump

I have preseed and I love it! I say go for it, it can't hurt anything. January was my first month using OPK's and I found it very helpful, though I did it right along with temping. I would buy either the 20 or 30 test box. The seven tests aren't enough if you are trying to figure out when/if you're ovulating. I practiced the 'sperm meets egg' method this month which is advice given to those who have lost. I had a miscarriage in October. The method is this: have sex every other day until you get a positive OPK, while you're on AF try and release your husband before you start bd'ing to make sure the sperm is new and fresh. Starting CD8 have sex every other day, when you get your positive OPK have sex that night as well as the two following nights, skip one night, then do one last hoorah the night after that. Start doing your OPK tests on CD8 as well. It is better to do your OPK in the afternoon at the same time each day as it is very unlikely that you'd get the surge in the morning hours. The line can be similar to or darker than the control line. I say if you get one that looks close go for it. I kept doing the tests until I got my temperature spike that confirmed ovulation for me. There is no need to continue on with them as it would confuse you and it's very expensive. Good luck!

it should tell you on the box what day to start testing i have a 28 day cycle so i started day 11 then the smiley day 14 but i still didnt get a smile till day 16. All depends when you o that month as to when you can stop. I also tested around 3pm. Same here thats why im not buying any this month. Also it is great seeing them two lines on an opk :) x x

just wanted to say a MASSIVE thank you to both of you , you have made things lot more clearer now, must say just read that to my DP and he seems very interested haha....you girls are amazing and if the witch shows this month i will be following the 'sperm meets egg' method exactly and keeping my fXd and :dust: to you ladies
really hope we get our BFP soon! xx

also will be buying some preseed on ebay...thanks for the advice!
we cant BD in the bedroom as the LO wakes up so looks like ill have to buy a blow up bed for the living room for next month seems like we will be spending a bit of time on it lol x

I used OPKs and PreSeed in December and got my first ever BFP two weeks ago. I found a good deal on the OPKs on amazon, and bought three 30 packs. I started peeing on them on CD 10 (I ovulate on CD 14), and it was exciting to finally see two lines! DH and I DTD on CD 11, 12, and 13 (the lines on the OPK got darker and darker each day), I O'd on CD 14, and got a BFP on CD 25.

I bought waaaay more OPKs than I expected to use so I wouldn't ration them. I would use sometimes 3 per day. Good luck!!

brilliant have purchased 40 on ebay and some preseed so fingers crossed! and congrats!...hopefully wont have to use them tbh, but as least i have them ready now something to look forward too if the dreaded witch arrives!... if you know what i mean...

so happy you got a BFP! xx

I am currently using preseed and opks! No temping for me! The preseed injecter things are amazing! I am normally kinda dry at first before BDing and it really helps! I O'd either today or yesterday but got positive OPKs saturday and sunday. We BD on 1/16, 1/18, 1/21, 1/22, 1/23 am and pm and today! I hope it was enough LOL! I am expected to start my period Feb 7th..So tomorrow I am officially starting my TWW! I will test Feb 8th if I don't get my period..normally I am very very regular!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->