advice on opks needed

M

Mumoftwo0212

My AF finished today after a normal 7 day bleed. I took an opk as although I've had a bleed I feel pregnant. Does opks detect pregnancy as it was quire dark x Screenshot_2014-06-19-17-15-47.jpg

No, OPK's do not detect pregnancy.

Some women always have a little LH in their system.

Because I have no money until tomorrow. Just wanted peoples opinions

They say directly after AF there is a decent amount of LH in your system so they don't recommend the OPK's till about 5 days post AF. I wouldn't really say that's "dark" but it may be for you. I wouldn't think you're pregnant if you had a usual cycle but keep a close eye on your symptoms if you think you might be. :)

Hi it doesn't look very "dark" to me. OPK doesn't detect pregnancy but it doesn't differentiate between LH and HCG when it's in the system. But for OPK to "detect" pregnancy it has to be super super dark and of course darker than the control line.

Well, when I was pregnant and used my leftover opks the same day I had a BFP it did look like the one on the photo and it is a bit weird to have an "almost" positive opk straight after af, I agree.

On the other hand, symptom spotting including opkusedaspregnancytest- spotting can be quite devastating if there is no BFP at the end. That is why I always buy opks and pregnancy tests cheap online, so I can test my heart out and know for sure. :winkwink:

Good luck to you dear! :hugs: Hope it will turn into a BFP on a normal pregnancy test. I'm in the same boat actually, will test tomorrow too although I don't get my hopes up after 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->