Advice on pumps!

dreamer_x

Ava's Mummy
Reaction score
I'm still struggling to decide on a breast pump. I've read so many mixed reviews on Tommee tippee pumps, people on here seem to be of the opinion that it's crap but then reviews online are very mixed. I have Tommee tippee bottles so could do with a compatible pump, I know it's not the end of the world if the pump doesn't fit completely with the bottles, as it's easy to transfer, but would prefer it to fit just for convenience!
I've been looking at the medela mini but the descriptions say it's best for occasional use, and I want to express all the time if I can so I'm wary of getting that, but can't really affords get swing! If I had to then I could possibly scrape the money together for it but it'd be tight.
I've then looked at the Innosense from mothercare but again, that has mixed reviews so I'm very undecided! The Avent seems rather expensive so I haven't really considered that one.
Any advice? Which pumps fit the Tommee tippee bottles?

I used the tommee tippee one and found it was fine. Not amazing but it did the job.

Far as I know only Tommee Tippee bottles fit the Tommee Tippee pumps. I briefly used their manual pump for a few days, before giving in and getting the Medela Swing. It wasn't a light decision considering the price, but the reviews were much more positive than the Tommee Tippee one.

I do use the Tommee Tippee bottles though, since we got the full starter kit with steriliser/bottle warmer etc. I just use a separate bottle purely for pumping, then pour it into the Tommee Tippee bottles for feeds.

I have Tommee Tippee bottles and have just bought a medela swing off ebay (much better price) and picked up one from someone who only used it once as they changed to formula.

I heard mixed reviews about Tommee Tippee one and the Medela Swing one seems to have great reviews 99.9% of the time! x

I've had a look at the Medela swing, Toys R Us are selling it for about £30 cheaper than Mothercare so I think I'm going to try and scrape together the money, I have a £20 gift card and a £5 off voucher so I only have to find around £60 for it!
It's either that or the Tommee Tippee pump but I'm not sure whether Toys R Us offer guarantee on it, Mothercare do but it's £50 in Toys R Us and £66 in Mothercare! What with the reviews for Tommee Tippee pumps, I'd be reluctant to get it without any guarantee. I don't think the Medela mini is going to be practical enough since I want to use it very regularly.
Argh it feels like a mindfield!

I have an ameda lactaline double electric pump. I love it! It's cheap, easy to clean, easy to use and takes half the time! Definitely recommend it, I exclusively pump so have to pump up to nine times a day and it does a great job x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->