Advice on telling mum..

NewToThis_x

Reaction score
Hey well im gonna tell my mum im pregnant, was just wondering how you all told your parents/mum and how they reacted. Gotta admitt i am scared to tell her .. firstly 'cause she'll scream abortion at me and secondly cause i know how mad/disappointed she's gona be!
xx

My advice is the sooner the better ....she maybe shocked but after that u will have her support xxx

Definately the sooner the better. You may be suprised, i thought my mum would scream and shout and kick me out, yet what she done was give me a hug and tell me everything would be ok!

i agree, tell her sooner rather than later, hope she gives you lots of support :hugs: x x

Tell her as soon as possible because that way even if she is angry for a while she will get over it quicker.

Even if her 'advice' to you is to get an abortion, she cannot make you do something you don't want to and I guarantee that once she gets used to the idea of you being pregnant she will be so excited.

As for how I told my mum; I asked her if I could go and talk to her and she said yes, I burst into tears and she kept asking if someone had upset me. When I kept saying no she went through possibilities like 'have you done something?' 'have you split up with your boyfriend' etc. She then asked me 'are you pregnant?' so i just said yes. She was shocked at first as we both knew I was on the pill but soon after she was going out and buying presents for baby. So you never know how it will go hun!

Good luck.

I was terrified of telling my mum, so I told my grandparents instead. When I told them I couldn't get the words out so I typed it in big letters on my computer screen and showed it to them. They were really supportive and offered to tell my mum for me. So after a couple of weeks my grandmother phoned my mum and told her. My mum was really annoyed at first and said I was stupid and stuff like that, but after a week or so when it had sunk in she was quite nice about it. She was annoyed because I had waited a while to tell her and I had told the grandparents first.
So it's probably definitely better to tell her sooner rather than later. She might get mad at first, but eventually she'll get over it.
Good luck. x

I'm not a teen and still scared of telling my parents :rofl: good luck xx

Like the other girls said, definately tell her sooner rather than later. Thats what I did, when I found out I felt the same as you, terrified of telling my mum because I knew she would be saying I needed to get an abortion and how dissappointed she was, but I figured she would have to find out sooner or later, and if I did it quick then I would worry less about it and just get it over with. Plus it then gave her time to calm down and get used to the idea sooner. I ended up telling my mum the day after I found out I was pregnant, and she did get mad and said I needed an abortion. I told her that it was my decision and it was up to her whether she wanted to be involved or not. She came over later that day and she had calmed down a bit. She's used to the idea now and is excited about having a granddaughter. Good luck!!!

xoxox

My mom was one of the last people I told, I fully regret that now :( But, she was the one I was most scared of "putting down" or feeling like a failure to. I was about 15 weeks when I finally told her, really wish I'd done it sooner!!! It was so hard to keep that from her, but I wasn't sure how she would react and I kept going through all of the possibilities in my head over and over and over, thinking of what I would say back to her reaction, ect. When the day finally came, I didn't even tell her that "we need to talk" or anything, we were just out taking a walk... and I guess mothers just really have a way of knowing when something is on your mind (I thought I was doing good at hiding my thoughts!! HA!) because we were just walking along talking about usual stuff when she came out and said "You're not pregnant are you?". I just looked at her and said "How did you know!?" and she told me she just had this feeling. She asked me who the father was, ect, ect and then just gave me a big hug. She is sooo excited now, even though I know it hit her hard.

Tell her sooner rather than later, hunni :hugs: you may just be surprised at her reaction :hug: Best of luck to you!!

Definately the sooner the better..
I told my mum the day I found out I was pregnant and I thought she'd scream and shout and kick me out but she didnt..She had a bit of a cry and went and smoked a cigar (shes quit smoking and didnt have anything else to hand)
But shes been absolutely great! And my Dad! Well my whole family to be honest. Couldnt have asked for anything else.
Wen I told her though I didnt know what to say or anything so I ended up just sitting on the sofa and blurting it out really fast and she thought I was joking for a split second then I gave her the 3 tests that Id taken and she just cried.
But it definately wasn't as bad as I thought, and if I hadn't have done it I'd have sat worrying about doing it so its def better to just get it over with now
*hugs*

thanks for all the replies iv still not told her :blush:
gonna go for it tommorrow as everyone seems to think sooner rather than later will be better.. and iv run out of excuses as to why i should waiit another day and another and another lol
x

Aww good :) Trust me youll feel better for it :) I did..:)
And she'll come around either way because your still her little girl, and she wouldn't want to see you in a mess and respect what you decide you want to do :)
x

Sooner rather than later definately.

You may be surprised by her reaction. My mum was in tears, hysterical. But my dad, who I thought was going to hit the roof was actually very calm

you'll be surprised at her reaction.
me & my mum have never got on, but when i fell pregnant last year, i had to tell her. i was terrified, i thought she would scream abortion, kick me out etc.
so i told her.
ofcourse my mum was disappointed, and pretty upset but she took better than expected however, for me things didnt go as planned.

just thought i'd share x

i keep putting it off n putting it off lol telling her tonight .. well soon .. i think the longer im leaving it the more im like thinkin bout what shes gonna say lol

Iv done it ladies!!!! I told my mum she just gave me a massive hug and said she'll support me what ever i choose to do..said shes disappointed in me but its happened so we'll deal with it! So really i was worried for nothing! She was really understanding..
x

Aww congrats hun :)
Told you it wouldn't be so bad :)
They surprise you they really do :)
x

Well done hun!
It becomes so much easier once you have the support of your parents!
xxx

congrats hun! happy it all worked out for you! now that you have your moms support everything will be alot easier on you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->