Advice on the CBFM ????

Jill72

Reaction score
on day 8 of cycle CBFM - 1 bar low fertility.. thought it would be two bars as my period tracker on my iphone says Iam only two days away from ovulation... it is the first month doing this so not sure what to expect ......any advice ladies???

Hi Jill

I've used the CBFM for about a year (one pregnancy/miscarriage). Lots of women don't get a peak in the first cycle as it's getting used to you - so don't worry if you don't.
If you check the two lines on the stick, one measures estrogen and one measures LH. I can't remember off hand which way round they are but the LH gets darker as you get close to ovulation and the peak days will generally show both lines being quite dark.

I think it's better to rely on the CBFM rather than an iphone app as it's actually measuring YOUR hormones rather than averages and so on.

Good luck.. I've found mine useful.

x

Hi Sunshine,

Thanks for your reply! I noticed a helpline number on the CB leaflet and rang - spoke to a lovely lady who told me that it sounds like I flooded the stick and made the test void - oops! over excited I think!! lol! I feel low back ache that I would associate with ovulation and yet I have voided the test and it is saying low fertility. She advises peeing in a cup and controlling the test better that way so I think thats what I will do tomorrow. It's all a learning curve!!! At least I can stand down from RED ALERT mode having yet again convinced myself I am not fertile!!

Hi.

This is my first month using the CBFM - it starting asking me for sticks on Day 8 - low, day 9 - low, day 10 - low , day 11 - high (two bars), day 12 - high, day 13 - Peak, day 14 - Peak, day 15 (today) back to two bars.

I find it very interesting and hoping its going to help me as this should be my in my fertile week now but I think I have already ovulated!

Good luck

This is my first month using one too. I know they say not to, but I borrowed it from a friend... ;)

According to mine, I ovulated, but I never saw a temp rise... weird. Oh well. Things have been wacky lately anyhow, so I'm just not sure what to expect. You can click on my chart in my signature to see how it compares. I also backed it up with an OPK stick, but who knows how reliable those things actually are. In my experience, not very!

Hi Kym,

I am not taking my temperature - just using the CBFM. Re-tried today by using a cup and dipping MUCH more carefully so as not to flood the stick - RESULT!!! 3bars and and egg! OVULATION!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
I am officially not a dried up old Spinster!!!

Morning all,

Used my cup and dipping method again this morning - now feeling like have got the technique sorted!!

To my surprise I have got 3 full bars and an egg again - same as yesterday!! I thought the egg signified ovulation and so would only appear on one day???? Which day have I ovulated?? If I listen to my body I would go with the first day - I had back ache over my right side all day.

hi Jill72

last month was my first month using the CBFM and i went straight from low to 2 days of peak so i think the readings you got are normal.

i think the CBFM at least takes all the 'guess-work' and trying it figure out which day OV is out of the equation!

good luck and lots of baby dust to all !

Hi Jill,

Iam also using the CBFM. I got really concerned this week that i was not going to OV as up untill yesterday i was still only on 1 bar and it was CD 11. Last month on the same day i was 2 bars and had been for 3 days. But today iam up to two so i guess each cycle will vary slightly. At least now i know when go for it :happydance: i could of been missing out on so many occasions as i thought i was regular and iam obviously not.

Good luck trying everyone !
Nat x

Thanks for reply Peacebaby,

I just found Clearblue's Calender Widget on their website and downloaded it so I can record the results from each test - unfortunately it is rubbish and I have just written them an email saying how disappointed I am with it! How can a multi million company NOT create a useful tool for one of their key products??? :nope:

Any way there is my little rant out of the way for today!! lol!

I got a high peak Day 13 & 14 - this is my first month using it. I did wonder if they had a chart you could use to follow and fill in!

Good luck ladies

Hi Jill, I've been using the CBFM for almost a year, and it always gives me at least one high day (two bars), then always two peak days (three bars w/ egg), and then another high day. I think that what I've learned is that basically when you get the first high day, it's just giving you a heads up that you'll be ovulating very soon. Then on the first peak day, it's telling you that you will ovulate within 24 hours or so. Then it stays peak one more day for good measure, and then goes back down to high after that, because you are still potentially fertile in that time period, since the egg sticks around for a little while after it's released.

I agree with Sunshine: the iPhone app, though good for tracking things like cycle length, is definitely not personalized for ovulation. My iPhone app says that I"m supposed to ovulate every month on 14 dpo. But I ovulate sometimes on 8 dpo, and sometimes on 18 dpo. So I too would recommend sticking with the CBFM for that. Hope that helps! Good luck!!!

I've normally had 2 peak days too - I agree with what Nancat has said - I take the 2nd peak day as being closest to actual ovulation

Good luck everyone :hugs:

Also, just to play devil's advocate here-the CBFM doesn't confirm ovulation- getting a peak doesn't mean that you ovulate. It means that your LH surge has taken place, which normally happens right before ovulation, but it does not mean ovulation WILL take place. You can confirm ovulation at home by a temperature shift - which indicates a rise in progesterone which follows ovulation. Or a blood test by your doctor on day 21ish (7 days before your next period is due anyway).

I'm obviously not you so I'm not telling you what to do, but if I were in your position I'd want to get this evidence before embarking on any kind of donor treatment. Its standard procedure for anyone who's been TTC without luck for 6 months or so - your GP would def do it for you if you asked nicely.

Hmmm just wondering now how do you know if you have flooded the test. Its my first cycle using it and dont want to flood it.

I have been trying the CBFM for the first time this cycle - no peak yet and I am on day 25 of a 31 day cycle, it's been high for 14 days!!! Needless to say we haven't DTD all of those days, reading through this though I am concerned I flooded the stick too - will be more careful next month! Has anyone else had highs for this long?

I noticed that the first couple of test sticks I did had two lines in the test window - like the ones you would look for on a pregnancy test. Then the next three had no lines on at all and the test panel looked blank and some blue 'smudges' had appeared. When I rang the help line the lady immediately asked if was holding the stick in the flow while on the loo - yes and I told her that I was making sure it got a good soaking!! ( sorry - TMI!!) She told me that this flooding the test and reccomended peeing into a cup and gently holding the stick for fifteen seconds - when you do this you are controlling the absorbtion of urine up the stick. You can watch it creep across the test panel and see it working. She also told me not to turn the stick upside down but keep it with the cap facing down. Hope this helps!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->