Advice on weight

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
I got my wee man weighed yesterday and he has lost weight !!!??? has anyone else gone through this, 4 weeks ago he was 21lbs 10ozs almost 22lbs and yesterday he was 19lbs 15ozs. he has went from the 75th centile to the 50th centile . Please help I am worried because they want to send him to the hospital any advice or thoughts welcome.:sad1::

Kaya did this when she was younger, some of it was because she was due a feed and had just had a couple of big pees. The HV was speaking about hospital etc. but Kaya was fine within herself - eating well, peeing/pooing well, not too asleep, not too awake, growing etc. so the doc said there was no reason to worry. I think HV are so caught up in their charts that they fail to look at the child as a whole.

is he becoming more active now? once the little ones start to move more usually lose a bit of weight, and being in the 50 percentile is actually really good so you can look at it this way as well. i would just keep an eye on him and if he is still eating, using the bathroom okay and not sick he is probably okay, but if you are worried it never hurts to take him into the doctor

take care

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->