Advice on when to tell TTCers

SpringCrane

Reaction score
I've been lucky to make friends with a several other moms with kiddos my son's age. At least three of them are actively TTC and have been for months. We were planning on closer to a 3 year age gap, but got a lucky surprise instead. I want to tell them I'm pregnant, but I don't want to upset anyone who might be having trouble conceiving. Personally, I feel comfortable telling them now even though it's early, as if we do suffer a loss, I'd appreciate their support. I've only known these moms for a few months, but we get together at least twice a week. Since I've never experienced trouble conceiving, I wasn't sure how others might react. I don't even know if any are having "trouble" just that they are wanting a second asap. Any advice? Am I over thinking it? I tend to be clueless, and I'm trying to be more conscientious...

I'm been blessed to never having any trouble TTC but I have recurrent miscarriages. And, I can say, that I totally wouldn't want to be treated any different after we had lost a baby than a friend who hadn't in that regard. I think it would actually make me feel worse if I found a friend had kept their pregnancy a secret from me because they were worried it was going to hurt me. I think that's just all a part of friendship...everyone will have times of celebration and times of sadness at all different points of life and it's about supporting each other through it all. Hope that helps?

One of my friends struggled to fall pregnant - it took her 15 months - she said that obviously deep down she was happy when she heard that other people had fallen pregnant but it still hurt and she found it difficult to deal with especially if it was face to face. I know everybody is different though so maybe do what you feel comfortable with

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->