**Advice please about induction**

mummyconfused

Loss 9+2 TTC - DNA Sperm Fragmentation
Reaction score
I know this is the wrong forum, but in the third tri I only got one reply obviously as we havent had our babies yet

Im getting induced in 4days, im 1cm dialated, cervix is 2cm long, soft and 3/5 engaged..

They said they will be inserting CERVIDIL...

Anyone been induced starting with cervidil?

Can I have some stories, advice, or even the link to your birth stories?

Im so scrared, nerves and panicy

Thanks ladies and congrates on your babies

Sorry I didn't have Cervedil, but didn't want to read and run.

Try not to worry too much about the induction, just always keep in the back of your mind, that it's not real labour and is all medically induced. That's what kept me going.

Good luck! x

to be honest, i dont know what they stuck up there was called :S

However, i was induced...it took 2 pessaries for me to get twinges/mild contractions. They broke my waters for me, which hurt a bit so they gave me gas and air.

Don't be too scared, yes it kick starts you into strong labour especially if you have a drip, but i didnt find it unbearable. Just think with every contraction your baby is getting closer, that kept me going. (I had gas and air and half a dose of diamorphine halfway through).

and dont let them frighten you like they did me saying i would be in for a very long labour because i was induced, that is not ALWAYS the case, i had Erin in 6 hours.

You can do it! HTH and i'll be thinking of you!!!!

Hey, I was induced with cervedil. I really enjoyed being induced. heres my birth story. If there is anything specific about the gel or being induced that is not in my birth story just ask. The cervedil when incerted gets quite warm inside, i was told it might burn a little. It never burned for me just got really warm.
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/433449-my-little-girl-ava-rose-here.html

thankyou very much yourtruly!!! beautiful.. Also your story made me feel better lol

No problem, I know its scary. I was terrified and she was my first so i had no idea what to expect. i know there is always a risk of c section and complications but there is with any delivery induced or not. I hope everything goes smooth for you and that you have a wonderful birth. I loved every moment of it. I loved the calm drive to the hospital and the calm start. Goodluck and again if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

I was induced with both my sons and had great, uncomplicated deliveries. I didn't have cervadil, however. I had prostin gel inserted right on the cervix (it took two rounds each labour). That got me contracting nicely, but not dilating very effectively, so I progressed to the pitocin drip. That worked beautifully.
I did choose to have epidurals both times, not because I was induced, but because both boys were sunnyside up and back labour for me was pretty intense. The epidurals were also great - no side effects, still lots of sensation and control during pushing, and gave me a bit of rest so that I was left with lots of energy for the delivery.

:shrug: Not sure I quite understand chele's comment? Yes, you are in "real labour" with induction. They are giving you the same chemicals that your body responds to with naturally-occurring labour. That's why it works.

Best of luck with your delivery! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->