• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Advice please- depression related.

P

Pensivedore

Sorry in advance if I just end up going on and on..

My sister has had depression for a while now. She is married, working and has kids but something hasn't been right. She didn't tell us until around about June time as she felt the family had been dealing with enough and didn't need to burden us all with it.

We don't really get on at all- we are total opposites in everything we do. What we want/ed from life, how we raise our children and there is very little we agree on. However, I can she she is struggling and I personally don't think my parents are dealing with it very well.

She came to them about a fortnight ago about getting money for counselling- she is only on a modest income anyway but I am afraid she has lost her job and doesn't want to tell us.

I overheard a conversation my Mum was having with my Dad yesterday- things like "she is being ridiculous and needs to stop this" where being mentioned and "how can she expect to go anywhere in life if she carries on like this" and "i know we won't be supporting her if she ends up with nothing".

I ended up losing my temper with my mum because I don't think that is right way to speak about it- and its clear to me she won't get much verbal and emotional support from my parents.

I want to speak to her but she never even answers my calls- I only speak to her when my mum has phoned her or she my mum and I am there.

Who is right- my mum for speaking about her like she did, or me for not thinking it is right?

I agree with you your Mum shouldn't be saying things like that at all she should be wanting to and offering as much support and help as she can, especially when your sister has admitted to having it and needing the help, which believe me is not easy. Maybe try and send your sister an email or a text to say you really want to help her and support her and you know you don't get on but you thought she needed someone and you're here if she does, then if your Mum does let her down she'll know you're there, and she can read it and ignore it if she likes until she needs that help, but then at least you have told her rather than her ignoring your calls and not ever knowing it was there IYKWIM?
I hope things get better soon :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->