Advice please - I think I have mastitis at 10 months - could it be?

Mrs-G

New Mummy
Reaction score
Friday night I was freezing cold and had a really painful boob, Saturday morning I was red hot, I was lightheaded and felt like death, I had to crawl into the nursery to feed my lo and everything was such hard work, last night I had sweats - today I've been better but my left boob is much bigger than my right and is painful and a little red on the painful area.

Am I over the worst or do I need to see a dr. Also why have I got it at 10 months? I have started weaning ds off in anticipation of going back to work in a month and just fed him morning and night on Thursday, Friday I fed him in the morning, about half five in the afternoon, then at bedtime. I didn't have this issue with dd so what am I doing wrong? I've sold my breast pump because I wasn't using it but don't want to really encourage my milk supply.

Thanks to anyone who can offer advice x

Yep could be. I got it at 12m. Keep letting her feed from the sore side, it that side doesn't get better, see a doctor.

It could be yes. Probably came about due to you reducing feeds.Did you reduce gradually? I reduced feeds gradually over a few weeks and when i stopped i was still extremely full and a bit sore on one boob. I didnt feel lightheaded or feverish though and i think that is a sure sign of mastitis if you have sore boobs too.

Definitely, I got it at 19 months. My LO was ill and the infection basically transferred to my breast. Very strange, I had no idea that could happen. So if your LO is sick, that could be it.

It sounds more likely that reducing feeds is the culprit. If you cut out more than a couple of feeds cold turkey then it could cause problems.

If you're feeling fine then you can play it by ear, but if you start to feel worse again definitely see your doctor as you'll probably need antibiotics at that point.

Yep...def sounds like it! I just had it a couple weeks ago and my lo is nine months....go to doc asap! Theyll give you antibiotics...i felt better after taking um for a day:):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->