Advice please please please

Jo-anne

Reaction score
Hey hoo everyone - sorry not posted in a while - really having a time with Lewis so if anyone reading can offer any advice or sympathise please reply.

For a good week now Lewis is wakening during the night after an hour or so and screaming nothing calms him ie medicine or a cuddle etc. Am really at my whits end not slept for a week at night.

I follow the same routine every night and he goes down fine but seems to waken and wont stop crying.:cry:

Called the health visitor who advise just keeping giving him his dummy which I do but after 6 hours of screaming it gets a bit much.

Just back from taking him to NHS 24 and they said wait for it "oh he is older now and realises he is on his own at night and getting upset" what a load of sh*t - excuse my french.

Lewis is in pain with something teeth or upset tummy - i just dont know???

Please can anyone offer any advice???:hissy:

How old is he now hun?
Have you tried giing him a bottle when he wakes?

he is seven months old.

Tried giving him a bottle but wont settle x

is he teething??? try some gel if he is teething can cause upset tummys. if its not that hope its just a phase he's going through it could be growing pains too if hes a big baby try giving him a massage hope he gets better soon

Sian he is teething as during the day his cheeks are brite red.

bonjella on the gums ...

I got maddie a nemo "bobo" pack that goes in the freezer she chomps it and it soothes her.

Avoid giving calpol/ other medicans unless you feel he really needs it as it will get to the stage it won't work.

Ice pops, cold water and try gripe water too see if it will help him pass wind.

Hope it sorts itself out soon

xxx

Sounds awful, must be horrible seeing him in pain

I find Anesbol works better for Olivia's teething than bonjela.

i used the calpol teething gel but hardly used it! megans teeth came through easily but i know some kids have a lot of pain from it. it is probably his teeth hurting thats causing him to wake it should get easier for him after his first tooth is through as he'll use that to cut the others. i got told not to use the teething rings with water in as they can burst so be careful if using them. hope he gets his teeth soon so you can sleep again!

could it be wind? does he have his last bottle then go straight to bed. I remember jacob screaming one nite and he just never let up! was worried sick! then my mum turned up and gave him gripe water! 1/2 hour later he was snoring. I hadn't even drank his last bottle! must have been full with wind from his tea/afternoon bottle.

Hope he gets better for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->