Advice please - weaning onto cows milk

rubydoo1

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Wondering if anyone can advise a very sore mummy :-(
My LO has been EBF since birth and is now 11.5 months, she currently has 2 feeds a day...morning and bedtime.
In the past couple of weeks she has began biting usually during the bedtime feed, and on both sides. I have tried reacting/not reacting etc etc and has made no difference. Obviously my nipples have been really sore but just about bareable.
She has now stepped it up and bites until my nipples are bleeding, I have been in tears tonight and I cannot face feeding her again (I will do obviously)
I was planning to wean in the next month anyway but am going to start now due to the biting.

Basically I need advice/tips on how to get her onto a cup of cows milk rather than a breastfeed? She drinks water from a sippy cup but I'm not sure she will accept milk in one, especially for her bed time feed.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, I'm upset that our journey is ending this way but am proud to have made it this far.
Thanks I'm advance x

Only way to do it is to try. And keep trying if she doesn't take to it. With my kids, I mixed it in with their oatmeal or something to get them used to the taste first and then just offered the sippy cup after a few days. I also found giving them a sippy cup with a soft tip worked best as my kids were more partial to bottles than cups at first.

Thanks for the reply :)
She has cows milk on her cereal in the mornings, so she is familiar with the taste. I tried a sippy cup of cows milk this morning and she screamed until she had BF and tried in a bottle tonight and the same reaction. I suppose it's just a case of perseverance, which would be fine if she wasn't making my nipples bleed almost every feed! :(

When I weaned dd1 onto cows milk I bought some different soppy cups that I hadn't used before so it was an obvious change. She had been used to bm in a bottle and water in a doody cup. I found it helped to make it obviously different. Good luck. Hopefully the biting is a very short phase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->