Advice Please

Eyes On Fire

Reaction score
Well I decided to create a thread on this since my WTT journal isn't the most popular thread around. lol!

My boyfriend and I have started searching for an apartment, at first we were thinking a two bedroom so we could have guests stay over if they wanted. But then when we started looking at prices, a one bedroom seemed much more logical. But then recently my boyfriend has expressed the interest in a two bedroom apartment again. But recently instead of the second room being a guest room like we originally were thinking, he mentioned the second room could be an office/computer room or it could be a baby room. The idea of having a baby room really caught me off guard and left me quite confused. OH has really been wanting to prevent pregnancy until we're ready but we've had a few scares. I don't know, has the scares got him kind of excited for a baby? Does he think we will be ready when we live together? I'm just so confused, anyone have any advice or go through this?

I know the best way to go is to just talk to him about it but sometimes it's just nice to get some outside opinions and thoughts. :thumbup:

Aww. Well, me and my boyfriend have had a few scares, and in the beginning he always wanted to wait, but now when we talk about it, he gets excited, and everytime we go out and we see babies or kids he talks about it, so I deff think that's it!

Hey
Sounds like OH is ready hun, Only thing i would say is talk to him. Just have a chat and see how he feels about having a baby and that, at the end of the day its up to you two.
Have you found an apartment you really like?
x

Personally I would go with it - he may not be talking right at this moment but in the future and it is better if you can to set up things i.e bigger house/flat, bigger car ect before so the costs are already sorted - obviously you need to talk to him and get an idea of what he is thinking

We have a list of apartments we like but we're not planning to make the move until December/January. I just think it's a little confusing that he is now considering trying for a baby when we move in together rather then waiting until after we're married like he originally wanted. He's already said he wants to do the baby room when we have one. I guess he's been thinking about it a lot more then I originally thought.

I think he sounds broody hun! You guys are getting married? Congrats! May be he's just thinking ahead a bit too - if you'll still be living in the same apartment after you've tied the knot, then why not consider it as a future baby room? I think he does have babies on the mind tho, as most blokes wouldn't say something like that without a good reason! :hugs:

He might just be planning for the future, y'know, better to get a place with an extra room to do up for a baby than get a one bed and have to move again once you actually start TTC. Certainly sounds hopeful! DH and I have been talking about our spare bedroom being a nursery, but I haven't quite been allowed to paint and decorate it yet! :lol: We both want to TTC end of this year, but we have to wait until mid-next year.. For the moment the spare room is a guest bedroom and my study! (With a sewing machine to make diapers...Uhhh!!! :lol:)

Why don't you ask him when he plans to put a baby in that baby room? :D

Well he has it in his head that I'm going to get pregnant right after we get married. And he thinks as soon as we move in together we're going to get engaged and get married.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->