Advice please

Ckelly79

mother of 3
Reaction score
Hi I'm so proud of my 13 yr old son he very clever and we are very close or so I thought. He goes to my ex husbands a few nights a week with my daughter, and the school called me today as they had caught him self harming himself as hrs unhappy their because his dad always blames him in kids fighting smacks him and from what I've now heard uses him as a slave. I'm devastated my son was going through this on his own. I've now spoken to him and told him I will always stand up for him listen and protect him and he can tell me anything . My husband,his step dad was also upset. I called his dad who kicked off and OS now ignoring him. I've told him he is not going over there for a few weeks. Any advice?

:hugs: Don't think that you're not close just because he didn't tell you. Hid dad probably has him brainwashed into keeping it a secret and making him feel like it's his fault.
I would bring him to the GP to see if you can get some support for the self-harm. They might be able to have him see a counselor.
As for seeing his dad, he is 13 now and old enough to make up his own mind about seeing him. He definitely shouldn't have to see him any more.
Did your daughter know what was going on? How was she being treated?

My daughter is treated Luke a princess but I'm still worried. The school have a got a counselor for him. I just feel guilty all night I've sat and listened and tried not to enforce my opinion he has stated he wants to stay with me and hubby from now on and I have said that's fine his choice and told his dad. I'm just concerned my daughter wouldnt tell me anything as she has always hated her dad being on his own. Thank u for the reply.

I agree with the PP about the closeness, and everything else she said.

You son can choose if he wants to see his dad so let him lead you. I think you are right in not wanting him to go. Hopefully with the help from the school etc your son will get back on track :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->