Advice please

annio84

Grace's mummy
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I'm a bit worried, I'm on day 6 of an awful stomach bug and I've barely eaten and loosing all the fluids I'm putting in. I'm worried what this is doing to my supply - is it totally going to ruin it?

Yesterday I tried to eat normally but it's made the bug worse. At the moment DD doesn't seem to be fussing at the breast or nursing more frequently but I'm just worrying that this is going to ruin all my hard work getting to this point with BF.

Any advice/reassurance?

I think you'll be fine. I've nursed through a tummy bug and never noticed a change in supply.

I wouldn't worry about trying to eat if it's making you worse, but I would concentrate on drinking as much as possible. You will feel worse before baby suffers so you need to keep your fluids up.
Even if your supply takes a small dip you should be able to nurse a bit more after to catch up. Your supply should be pretty well established by now.

Just keep at it and good luck, sounds horrible.

6 days is quite a long time to still not be able to keep food down. It might be worth asking your Doctor if they'd recommend stool sample or blood test to rule out a parasite or persistent bacteria.

At 8months in to breastfeeding I don't think your supply will be affected if you can keep fluids down and you can get some food in the next few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->