Advice please

Leilahs_mummy

Reaction score
Today had my 1st scan. I'm 6w5d...

The doctor had a really hard time finding the baby and when she did she couldn't get a clear picture at all. She 'thinks' the heart is beating but due to gas (?!) she couldn't see properly.

Not sure what she meant by gas. Live in Japan and am not fluent...

I'm worried that not seeing a clear picture of the baby now is a bad sign :(

Did she do a transvaginal ultrasound (very long sensor up your lady parts)? If she tried to do it through your belly, I can easily see that at 6 weeks and without a properly full bladder it can easily be missed.

There is very little to see at 6 weeks and sometimes no heartbeat yet so try not to worry. Also, if you have a tilted uterus/ not full enough bladder, they may find it difficult to get a clear view.

My advice is wait 2 weeks or so and go back with someone who can maybe help translate?

This was my scan today.

I had an internal ultrasound. Bladder was definitely empty. I hardly had enough for the urine sample, lol!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 23
Looks exactly like what i seen at 6 weeks with my 3rd :)

Things look normal=) give it some time. Surely the next ultrasound will be a good one!! Could have been the machine too!

I had my 1st scan last Friday and I could barely see the baby. It was soo tiny. As long as the doctor didn't have any concerns, I think its just a little early to see anything.
Where in Japan are you at? I used to live in Japan for 3 years and I lived in Yokota. Near Tachikawa. I had my 1st on the Airforce Base. I miss Japan!
I loved the diapers! Don't know what I'll do with Huggie Diapers. :(

Looks normal try not to worry :) baby is so teeny at this stage xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"