Advice please!

Paramore

Reaction score
Hello!
So my monthly cycle has always been clockwork, I have an app on my phone that tells me when I'm due on and it's never more than 1-2 days out (though this happens once or twice in the year, otherwise it's bang on - except that one month in 2013 when it was 3 days late one month and 3 days early the next)

I keep a track of my cycle and know when to expect it etc etc

Last year I was 5 days late when I decided it was time to take a test and much to my surprise found I was pregnant (my partner was told a long time ago he couldn't conceive - we now know otherwise!) Sadly it ended with a missed miscarriage at the end of last year, in January my cycle returned to normal (or so I thought)

Well I am currently 4 days late and have some sort of brown discharge (?) it's only showing in the pad and nowhere else - Every time I change it it reappears - google said I should take a test and I've taken two (both negative) is this normal?

Do you keep track of ovulation or just when your period starts? I only ask this because some people can ovulate late in their cycles and not get a positive until well after their period is due. If you don't know when you ovulated, it is possible it may be implantation bleeding you're experiencing. Your best bet would probably be getting a blood test from your doctor. Good luck!

I would test again in a few days
sorry about your mc

If this is your first cycle after your mmc, things could be still re-adjusting. I suggest taking a test just to be safe. If it's negative and af doesn't show then try again in a week. :hugs:

it's possible that you had an annovulatory cycle and are just O ing now, or O'd recently/late. They can happen and are normal in completely healthy women from time to time. There are lots of reasons those thing happen besides pregnancy, mostly mysterious ones . Unless it becomes a problem for you, or a new pattern I wouldn't worry.

Also, what dobby said is true too. After a pregnancy loss it can take a few cycle to return to normal. It took 3 cycles after my chemical pregnancy to be back to normal before we conceived my daughter.

Unless it's possible that you are far more pregnant than you think, the hpts should be pretty accurate. Those stories of pregnant ladies who took tests that were negative and found out they were pregnant when they went into labor are usually false negatives due to the hook effect. (when hormone levels get too high the hcg overwhelms the sensitive test strip antibodies and they stop detecting them the same way). If that is a possibility then you'd get a positive by diluting the urine with water. But I'm sure that's a long long long shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->