advice please

loulou1980

Reaction score
i need some advice,harrys been on the concerta xl 36 mg for a month before that he was on the 18mg for a month. saw child phsycologist at school and they reckon my doctor and the behaviour doctor are breaking the law as the medication is for ages 6 and above,harry isnt 6 till may,are there any bodies i can ask for advice from :?

this is the medication

https://emc.medicines.org.uk/emc/assets/c/html/displaydoc.asp?documentid=8382#INDICATIONS

Well it definately say not for use under 6 in fact it says it a few times!!
I'd contact your GP and spek to him about it, maybe there isn't a medication suitable for Harry at his age :?

I dunno, i'm relly not up on stuff like this, maybe speak to a phamacist or at a push contact the GMC

ive posted a message on the mk adhd forum and will see if any advice can be given there,ive noticed a few topics on the concerta

It has an age limit for a reason hun ...

Contact another doctor for another opinion ... personally i would say that yes they are breaking the law.

Ask the citizens advice beauru ..... I would or like i say another doctor.

Hope you get answers soon honey
xxx

I have dealt with alot of children with ADHD. Not one has had this medication before age 6. One of the children was moved from the 18g concertia onto a slow release medication that may be an alternative for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->