advice please

Jenni1991

Tara Jaydes Mummy (:
Reaction score
My oh little sister, from his dad and his step mum was born at 24 weeks she is now 3 month old and off the ventaltor and occtioally on the c cap . In my opinion this is really good. She should be due in july and is still in liverpool hospital i was wondering if you could give me advice on the time scale she'll be in there now. Thanks in advance x x

Every baby is different but usually the hospital say around there due date. They usually need to be breathing on their own but can be still on oxygen, maintaining their own body temperature and are able to feed.

she has been breathing on her own for a good ten mins they are just keeping her on for safey so hopefuly july then tara can meet her auntie. :) x

yes, it really depends on the baby. realistically 10mins off CPAP isnt a lot, but its first steps though. LO will need to establish feeding and breathing. After CPAP normally the next step is oxygen. They can learn to wean off this but some babies go home on oxygen. Time scales can be so different between each baby but due dates are used as a rough estimate.

All babies are different but they tell you to expect the due date, anything before is a bonus! Hope its not too long for you all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->