Advice please

mummy3

Busy!
Reaction score
I'm pregnant with #4 so I guess I should be used to giving birth, but every one has been different lol. My first was an induction with an assisted delivery and epidural due to pre-eclamsia, second just gas and air and third an emergency c-section due to placenta preavia.

This time I was hoping for a VBAC with only gas and air, but just read that they don't do gas and air in the states ( moved here late in 3rd pregnancy so didn't need it lol) so I'm going to go for the completely natural way.

My questions are, can you have a VBAC without an epi as really really don't want one and what can I use to help with relaxing? The g and a I mainly used to focus my breathing with #2, not really for pain relief. I can't have a water birth due to epilepsy and I'm likely to give birth prematurely so has to be in a hospital ( all 3 of my kids were preemie).

Thankyou:flower:

It is your body hun so you can VBAC however you want...I don't know the deal where you are but you have the right to do things how you want no matter where you are!

If you are concerned about not getting what you want at a hospital but would prefer to be in hospital rather than at home perhaps get a supportive MW or a Doula?

If you used GnA but mainly to focus your breathing have you thought about doing natal hypnotherapy/hypnobirthing techniques? They use visualizations and breathing techniques to allow you to relax and manage the feelings of labour and stay in control. natal hypnotherapy even have CD's tailored for VBAC.

I'm hoping to VBAC after an EMCS with my first but I'm staying at home rather than going to hospital as I dont like the recommendations I know I'll be pressured into if I go there - cannula on arrival and constant monitoring etc.

I'm in Arizona right now. Midwives are pretty rare around here but will look into the doula, and love the idea of hypnobirthing, going to go and find that cd, thanks hun:hugs:

There's a lot of pressure to get the epi. My OBs idea of compromise is to put the thing in but not turn it on, so basically for just in case. :growlmad: Everything I've read says this isn't needed.

Good luck with your homebirth after VBAC, I bet that will be an awesome experience:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->