Advice please!

scorpiongirl

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am new to this forum, infact I am new to this whole TTC and WTC lark and I was hoping to share and see if my situation is normal.

In January we decided to come off the pill (marvelon) so i waited till the end of my packet and had my normal bleed. Then 30 days later (estimated because I wasnt recording at the time) i had a period which laster 4 days.

We have not been trying but not preventing the last 2 months or so and I was expecting to come on last monday (28 days) but still not started my period a week later. I did a test on Friday (32 days after start of last period) and it was negative. I still have no sign what so ever that I am coming on and I wondered how long it might take to get my cycle back to normal and whether I should be worried that there is something wrong if no period yet?

I dont have many friend that have been through it so dont have anyone to benchmark my cycle against. been on the pill about 13 years.

Is this normal? about 18 days after my period I had sharp pains in my ovary area for a day or so and one instance of a strong smelling discharge. Apart from that no discharge and no pains. Could this indicate an infection or would it have been for more than a day or so?

Any advide would be great!!

Thanks xxx

hi scoriongirl...im a fellow scorpio too!
i also am NTNP and have been off the pill for 6 months.
i was on it for about 10 yrs plus numerous other methods.
i believ that it takes at least 3 cycles to have "normal regulated" periods, by this i mean trackable. i only say this cuz it took me that long to sort out mine after coming of the pill.that being said, each woman and bc pill is different.
i think the pain you are having is possibly ovulation pain( especially on day 18..u may have ovulated later in your cycle on your own as opposed to being "told" to ovulate by the pill)
the strong smelling discharge could be an infection or could be just "extra" discharge that happens when pregnant. ive had 3 kids(along with 2 miscarriages)
id encourage you to at least take a hpt and if its still negative go in to see your doc. ask for blood test..
depends really if you were using the "pull out" method or just not using birth control.
hope this helps somewhat.
good luck and let me know :)

Hey SG :) Welcome to the forum.

I'd say it's just your periods settling down to be honest and I don't think theres anything to worry about. It look my periods a good few months and some cycles were as long as 40 odd days before they settled.

If you still have the discharge it may be worth while going to get checked out by your GP so you know your in tip top condition for pregnancy.

Good luck!
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"