advice please

2ndtimer

Reaction score
hi, i am currently pregnant with my 4th baby, and i am looking for some advice. my 3 sons were all slightly early, (i am not sure if they would be classed as prem so i hope i am not offending any one) my first at 37+3, my second at 36+6 and my last baby at 36 weeks. all my boys were fine and were home after 2 days in hospital with no problems at all. my labours were very quick, 3hours 2 hours and a 59minute respectively. this pregnancy i am being monitored very closely due my last son dying from sids in march at 6 weeks old. i also have ehlors danlos syndrom which is why they beleive i have my babies that bit earlier and rapid labours, (sorry this is getting long already but please bear with me) i am currently 22 weeks pregnant and our son looks perfectly healthy, however they wish to give me steroid injections at 28 weeks as the do not think i will make it past 34-35 weeks due to the above coonditions and also because i have been pregnant for the 4 years and our last sons birthday is in february and they are worried about stress etc, my question for you is, will steroid injections make the baby come early or just help the baby be ready for pre term birth? i hope this makes sence thanks for your advice x

I got steriod injections 2 days before I.went into labour at 34 and 5 days, I'm glad I had them as baby still had to stay in scbu for 17 days

I got steriod injections 2 days before I.went into labour at 34 and 5 days, I'm glad I had them as baby still had to stay in scbu for 17 days

was there a reason for you going into labour so early?

was there a reason for you going into labour so early?

not that they know of, had spotting throughout the pregnancy but no other complications

thanks, i just want to be prepaired for an early delivery and having never had the steroid injections just wantedthe extra advice x

Steroid injections don't cause labor, just help mature the baby's lungs for early arrival, and also decrease the risk of brain bleeds, I believe.

The steroid injections will not make you go into labour early but they will just give the babies lungs a boost in development in case he/she does arrive early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->