advice please

mrsp1969

ntnp losing hope fast
Reaction score
hi ive been suffering from anulvatory cycles i bought some vitex and started it 2 weeks ago but had to stop has i was constantly bleeding no chance of getting pregnant never got to dtd lol ive been reading about soy do any of you ladies think that would be the better option has the vitex was awful xx

hi ive been suffering from anulvatory cycles i bought some vitex and started it 2 weeks ago but had to stop has i was constantly bleeding no chance of getting pregnant never got to dtd lol ive been reading about soy do any of you ladies think that would be the better option has the vitex was awful xx

Hi, I'm sorry you are having this problem. I've never tried Vitex so I can't comment, but have you been to the doctor to see what he thought about the anovulatory cycles?

Hi, I'm sorry you are having this problem. I've never tried Vitex so I can't comment, but have you been to the doctor to see what he thought about the anovulatory cycles?

hi anna yes it was the doctor who told me after various tests becaurse ov my age 43 in march and having 2 grown up children im not eligible for ft on the nhs and i cannot afford to go private so thought i would try myself but has i said vitex was awful but ive read that soy is natures clomid which is what i was hoping my doctor would prescribe xx

I have been on Clomid, Tamoxifen, and soy; each is very different and I cannot say soy and CMD are anything alike.

It certainly won't hurt you to try it, but it's not without side effects.:flower:

IDK if soy would actually start an ovulation, my understanding is that it just gives a boost to an existing ovulation - I could be wrong. I tried soy and it was horrible, I had to stop it as the side effects were so bad.

If the NHS won't help you could always go to a private doctor and get a script for Clomid or Tamoxifen, a private GP consult is about £65, plus the cost of the prescription which would be in the region of £20.

I've seen many posts from women who swear that Soy caused them to ovulate when they did not ovulate on their own. It may be worth a shot! And I've heard the opposite of what Northstar said. I've heard that if you DO ovulate, you shouldn't take it. And I'm not listening....cause I do ovulate on my own, but took Soy from cd2-7. I had some hot flashes the first two days, about 20 minutes after taking it. And it does give me a headache. I say if you're not ovulating and you can't get medical help, Soy Isoflavones is worth a try! But you should do your own research before taking the plunge. Good luck! :flower:

Edited to add:

I don't think Soy Iso is for everyone. For instance, if you suffer from Estrogen Dominance, it would probably be a bad idea to take Soy. It's best to do your research on the symptoms of Estrogen Dominance before taking Soy. And it might not be a good idea to take it if you already ovulate. I'm taking the gamble only because I feel like I have to try SOMETHING different.

I also OV on my own, but have done the drugs and soy.:haha:

I played with different MGs and different CDs and can't say that one is any better than the other.

But, TBM is spot on...any estrogenic drug/supplement is a very bad idea if you are estrogen dominant.:flower:

I also ovulate every month but tried the soy anyway this month TBM, side effects just about killed me :rofl:

You can get it in tesco if you really want to try it, or boots (tesco is cheaper) OP

hi thankyou for all your comments i think i will give it a try i put up with vitex for 2 weeks it was just the bleeding hot flushes would be good as im always cold lol my doctor did not tell me about why i dont ovulate he just said my cycles were anulvatory i have learnt more on this forum than anywhere else thanyou ladies xx

Do you know how many of your cycle were anov? 2-3 a year is perfectly normal; just frustrating.:hugs:

If you're going to try Soy I would suggest that you take it in the evening just before you go to bed. I had horrible headaches and found that taking it at night meant that I was fine during the day. Saying that I didn't have any success and my gynae has prescribed clomid for 3 cycles.

Have you thought about a fertility blend or accupuncture. I also read somewhere that drinking grapefruit juice everyday helps!

GL :)

Have you thought about a fertility blend or accupuncture. I also read somewhere that drinking grapefruit juice everyday helps!

GL :)

I have read this as well, but it needs to be stopped around OV time bc it seems like it might dry out your CM.:flower:

Yeah, sorry should have added up to Ov. EPO can help with CM

EPO delayed my Ov and shortened my LP, so please be careful with it.

I think getting the ovulation happening has to be the first priority, OP have you thought about finding a private doctor?

I found EPO really helped with CM and had no effect on Ov or my LP.

It's amazing how we have such varied experiences, just shows that you need to work out whats best for you and be careful whilst doing so.

Definitely, it's useful to swap experiences but one persons solution can be another persons problem :wacko:

I tried soy and it was horrible, I had to stop it as the side effects were so bad.

Me too, I took it once (at night time) and it just about killed me :rofl:

I also ovulate every month but tried the soy anyway this month TBM, side effects just about killed me :rofl:

You can get it in tesco if you really want to try it, or boots (tesco is cheaper) OP

thankyou northstar been to tesco im on cd 2 and just took my 1st 2 pills xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->