advice please.....

mummyb2b

Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this.

I am 36 and trying for my 1st baby. I was on depo and had my last injection in Aug 2010 (after things i have read since i wish i had never gone on it in 1st place) i finally got my 1st period again october 2011 and got married in november 2011. i have had regular periods since then on my old cycle of 25days. however at the end of january i got my period early at 21 days heavier and more painful than i have ever had it before (i always have painful periods but usually only for day before & 1st day this was throughout) then last month i was late 5days so 31days and i was convinced i was pregnant despite getting 5 :bfn: and then was inconsolable when i got my period this time lighter than i ever had (a panty liner could have coped!!) and no pain. today i have got my period again at day 17!!! i just dont understand whats going on with my body! why is it so difficult??? + how am i supposed to get pregnant when my cycle is so messed up???

anyone in similar position or have any advice??

I never had the depo, but I was on bc for nearly 20 years before ttc.
My cycles were also annihilated - but mine were getting longer and longer. The month we conceived, I ovulated on cd27! My periods were also extremely light.
It'll be harder for you to work out when on earth you are ovulating with weird cycles. I recommend you get some opk's (ovulation prediction strips - cheap on amazon) and be prepared to wait a bit for your cycle to settle down.
I understand, I was 36 at the time and didnt need this added hassle. Now Im 39 and feel that the pressure is on even more. Fortunately for me, pregnancy sorted my hormones/cycle out, and now its always around the 30 day mark.
Finally - my friend was ttc at the same time as me after being on the depo. Her cycles were also affected, and it took her over 6 months to get pregnant (although only one month once she started looking for ov signs, and got more into the whole ttc business). She was 25 at the time. It took us 11 cycles, although my DH worked away a lot and we often missed the 'optimum' time. In fact the month we conceived, I actually drove 2 hours to where he was working in order to get impregnated!
Keep the faith hun, and see your GP is youre worried :) xx

I'm in a slightly similar position; depo for 6 yrs last injection June 2010 and first af feb 2011; it's taken ages but I'm only now starting to have regular cycles.

I've been bulk buying OPKs and taking them from day 8 just to be sure I catch the big O. Depo is evil, it seemed I've such a blessing not having AF for all that time but feel like I was nieve not to think about the long term effects it would have on my body - never again that's for sure!!! Good luck!

Thanks chubbin & cartwheelroll i have decided to get the clearblue fertility monitor so hopefully that may give me some indication as to whats happening with my cycle and fingers crossed that it helps me get a bfp! glad i'm not alone been trying for 5 months now so am hoping it will happen soon as really dont want to have to have medical help (i dont think anyone does do they!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->