advice plz from all recent home movers

pinkish_angel

Reaction score
I am with aol n recently moved house. I cancelled my phoneline at my old property n started it back up (the same number) at my new property, then informed aol of my new address etc. They said it would take 23 days to transfer my broadband over n that I can use dial up till then which I have been. I have tried my router today to see if my broadband is back on but 'no connection could be made'. Does this mean that it still aint on or do I have to re-install the disc again and search for the router as it has been disconnected from my pc n maybe then it will work?? Should aol email me when its back up n runnin so I know when to plug my router back in??? any ideas??

How many days has it been?

You may need to reinstall software - AOL is a nightmare for every occasion lol When you reinstall software you must know of the search for connection option or something like it will detect if BB is on your line.

thanks v much. I will try re-installing in the mornin n hope that works. This dial up is killin me :)
nite nite xx

Hateful is dial-up

You should consider moving ISP too :rofl:

I'm with AOL as well hun, and we had the same when we moved. They will definitely email you when it's done, and you will also get a really strange ring on the phone the minute they activate it. It'll ring funny, then when you answer it, there's no-one there!

BUT, (big but!) I'd ring them to double-check anyway. They managed to get our order 'stuck' in the system as I'd placed the order before the phone was connected, but when I already knew what the number would be. Their system didn't know how to handle it!:dohh:

When I complained, they were really good though - they connected it within 4 days, and also refunded me 2 months worth of broadband charges.:happydance:

Oh, and another thing - have you thought about getting a wireless router? If you install a wireless card in your pc/laptop, you won't need the crappy AOL software.

ohhhhhhhhh amanda thanks... I will be lookin into this cuz I also placed my order b4 the new line was connected as I knew I was keepin the same number also. I will give them a ring on monday n see whats happening. thanks for your help peeps xxx

Well, today I rand AOL to find out the status of my broadband and guess what? they had no record of me even swapping it over (so they said).. the woman transfered me over to someone in the relevant department and as soon as he said 'good morning this is so'n'so speaking how can I help you?' the bloody phone cut dead. I ended up going on on the internet n going to live help. The man on there said that there had been a problem with the activation because 'there is an incompatible product on the line'. THANKS FOR TELLIN ME! I have been sitting around waiting for it to be activated only to be told today that the process has never even been authorised. ARGH! I had to ring BT n the only thing they can think of it that they have on my records that I have an old type telephone socket so they updated my details to state that my socket is a new one (?! dont really get it either). Anyway, I have just rang AOL n they say I should be up n runnin on broadband within 2 weeks. 2 WEEKS?! I kinda got snotty n said I had been waiting a month already n through no fault of my own I was now waiting a further 2 weeks. They just replied by saying 'you have dial up.. if you were a dial up customer you would be paying £19.99 a month, whereas you are a broadband customer so only pay £14.99. AS IF THEY ARE DOING ME A FAVOUR. Amanda, glad you got someone nice enough to give you 2 months free usage. AOL r useless. I would change service provider but I dont wanna loose my email addresses.

AOL dial-up costs you more *on top*?? I assume you are using AOL dial-up!

I moved to an area that AOL broadband was not enabled now this was when it was around £30 (2-3 years ago) and they MADE me pay although all I could do was use dial-up not only that they made me pay MORE so my account was able to use both Broadband & dial-up WTF!

Hate AOL with a passion they are the worst providers. I use AOL now through my OWN isp and a name on my mates account because I know people on there but never would I use them as my provider again.

more *on top*? I am hoping not!! I think I am paying my existing £14.99 a month. I hope they aint charging me by the minute as well?! HMMM! am scared now? lol I am always bloody on ere. Sometimes leave it on all day !!

useless useless useless they are!!!

I better check this out! THANKS WOBS

XX

Could well have changed although I know my mates package was set so she could signin on AOL at other peoples houses and dialup and that was about 4 months ago as we sorted the package so it didnt have that and her bill was cheaper! Hmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->