Advice type of birth?

Lynda09

Mummy to two angel babies
Reaction score
Hi girls i was wondering if you could offer any advice? Me and my oh are currently ttc but ive got a long term illness called chronic fatigue syndrome also known as m.e. I looking into what kind of birth would be best as i dont want to exhaust myself too much or make myself too ill. Im thinking either a c-section or an epidural? Im worried about taking drugs as i suffer greatly with side effects from anything i take but i dont want to distress the baby. I would be greatful for any stories you have or information in epidurals or c-sections.

Many Thanks

Lynda

A C-section is major abdominal surgery so with your CFS, it is probably best avoided as it could take you a long time to recover. I would go for as natural birth as possible, as for all you know, you could have a quick labour. However, if it was turning out to be a long labour, an epidural would give you the opportunity to rest.

Hope that helps

With your medical problems id go for the epidural :thumbup:. As pp said, caesarean is MAJOR surgery and would take a long time to recover. Good luck. xx

I'd try to go natural. You just never know what your body can do, and if you get to the point of being exhausted/fatigued, then go for the epi. but aim for natural. Also, you may not even have a long labor. It could be short for all anyone knows. As far as C-section...it takes at least 6 weeks to heal, and its MAJOR surgery. Try to avoid that. Even if you do end up with one in the end, it is a VERY good thing for both you and baby to even labor for a little while (know it may be painful, but it helps stimulate baby and your hormones, which is a very good thing). Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->