advice

darcie1230

Reaction score
Hello I'm currently 5 weeks and 1 day pregnant, so far i havent seen or felt any changes, according to my pregnancy test I'm 3-4 weeks but I've done all the tests online and it tells me I'm 5 weeks? I'm worried that the mid wife will take forever to get back to me and I already can't wait for my first scan. Is there anyway I'd be able to find out if I'm having a boy or girl before the 20 week scan?
Any help would be great, thanks

you can book a private scan from around 16 weeks that will be able to tell you the gender, not idea how long midwives take to get back as not heard from mine yet

My symptoms didn't hit until the sixth week and that seems to be quite common. Just enjoy the early days before you get them. And yes your dr will start counting from about two weeks before conception so both your test and internet calculation are correct! You'll count your pregnancy starting two weeks prior, it's just how they do it!

Congratulations, first of all! and welcome.

The night I found out I was pregnancy (about 4 weeks) I did 2 applications for two different midwifery clinics, I got my call about 8/9 weeks. It does take time but I promise it is worth it and you can see your GP in the meantime to get the necessary blood work/urine tests done to set your mind at ease that you are in fact expecting:)

My symptoms didn't really start until 6/7 weeks and even then they came and went. The bloating was a big one, aversions to food, heightened sense of smell, a bit of morning sickness. Your body is changing but it's still very early so don't panic :) and whenever you need support or just need to vent this is a great spot to do it!

If you got 3-4 on a digital test then u add 2 weeks on so ur really 5-6 weeks becuase the docs will date it from ur last period but test only dates u from implantation also there is various places that provide provide gender scans just look online x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->