Advice?

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
So i started my LO on rice cereal for 3 days and i was told to stop as he is big enough and doesnt need the extra padding. so i stopped it. Last week i gave him a little taste of sweet potatoes just because my mom had cooked some plain ones with no salt or sugar for dinner so i mashed up a spoonful for him.
I would like to start him on solids now nad the nurses have recommended orange veg to start with ie carrots, sweetpotatoes, pumpkin
so my question is how many times a day should have this and then when can i introduce fruit?
must everything be at 5 day intervals?
when can i add regular potatoes?
i have been told to wait for 6 months to add wheat cereals and other grains.
it seems every country different advice and ages to do things so im not quite sure whats what really.
my plan is to get him on cereal for breakfast, then a veg meal and a fruit meal a day. obviously by starting slowly but i dont know when to progress from one thing to the next??
thanks

Well max never had any rice cereal he went straight to oatmeal , much better taste and didnt hurt his tummy , he had it for about 3 weeks then I switched over to mixed grains for another 2 weeks and now hes eating wheat mixed with fruits as cereal ..

I gave him orange vegies first for 3 days between then moved on to another one just to make sure for allergies and nappies reactions .. I gave him fruits after about 1 week of eating vegies and he seemed ok ..now hes having mixed fruits and vegies ..

Now last month is when i started to give him "meal jars" so ie" spagetti with beef and vegies " and so on ..

here its recommended to introduce meat only at 8 months

yikes , well its different everywhere as we all know :) wish they would just make universal guildlines it would be much simpler lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->