advise needed! how to I get enough to store any?!?

Mumtodogs

Reaction score
Just wondering of anyone can help!! My lad is so hungry, he feeds every 2 hours, a couple of 3 hour stretches but not many.

I'm wanting to introduce expressed milk so that hubby can help and I can start to get a bit of freedom. I would like to give him one bottle feed per day so he is used to it. He doesn't mind the bottle at all, and takes it from both me and hubby.

The only problem is, with him nursing so often, I'm not sure when I should take express the milk. If I'm at home I can get any milk that he leaves, but this isn't practical of we are out and about. Also, more regularly now he is draining both breasts leaving nothing for me to take out.

This morning I expressed when I woke, but he woke half an hour later hungry and I was empty so I had to give him everything I'd expressed!!!

How do I do it?!

How *I* do it is feed her off my right -she latches better- and pump/express my left. Sometimes I will switch them off, or pump both and let her feed after. I don't know that I ever run out though...I can pump 2-3 oz each side and she still gets enough, it's just a matter of taking the time and letting her get her fill with the slow moving stuff :)

How does your little one sleep? I have an awesome sleeper, so I put him to bed at 9 ish, then stay up until about midnight to pump before I go to bed. It works beautifully. I've even heard of women who wake up every two hours at night just to pump. I have no desire to do that at all, but it's an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->