advise on hypnobirthing and water birth

jacks mummy

Reaction score
hi ladies i just wanted some advise on hypnobirthing and water birth.
well here is my story when i had my son i had the worst possible experiance and really didnt ever want anymore babies because of it :( i was in labour just over 40hours and was very scared after 14hours i ended up having an epidural (worst mistake ever) anyway it was great for the pain but slowed my labour rite down i was stuck at 5cm for 10hours then my sons heart rate started to drop badly so they rushed me in for a c-section but while examining me decided that there wasnt any time so cut me badly and used a vontous to pull him out i lost alot of blood and was very ill for a few weeks after. this time i want it to be as different to that as possible. so i was wondering what hypnobirthing was all about and if it really works? can u do it in a birthing pool? im just flapping abit cos i really want a better experiance x

Hypnobirthing and water birth work very well together! I've supported lots of women using both very effectively including a VBAC water birth :) there are lots of hypnobirthing teachers in the Leeds area too! Natal Hypnotherapy have a specific VBAC home study program too which you can use along side other Hypnobirthing resources. You should pop along to the Leeds and Bradford VBAC Support group too. It's a lovely group of mums who have recently had sections or are planning or have had VBACs. Here's the link to the Facebook group.

:flower:

Oh and it really works! I've used it myself too! :)

I used hypnobirthing this time and I loved it! You can read my birth story at the front of my journal in my sig if you like! I didn't use it with waterbirth because there wasn't time for me to get in, but it really helped me prepare for my birth mentally I'd say xx

Hi! I had a similar delivery to you, and also tore badly. I did use Natal Hypnotherapy, which made my (very long) labour a pleasant experience, and had nothing to do with the delivery, which was due to baby being posterior and in distress. Despite the bad delivery, I needed no drugs, and my daughter had Apgar scores of 9. So it was well worth it!

Hi

I used the Natal Hypnotherapy home study cds (put onto iphone for easier listening in bed) and it was absolutely fantastic. My DD2's birth was absolutely the most amazing and wonderful experience of my life. You can read my birth story if you click on the link in my sig at the bottom but I would say it 100% worked for me and I would recommend it to anyone.

xx

I've never done hypnobirthing but DS2 was a water birth. The instant I got into the water the pain melted away. It made the contractions so much more bearable (With a little help from the gas and air!) and the biggest plus point was that my Husband was allowed in the pool to deliver the baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->