Advised to try here for advise on pram.

Worrisome

mummy to 2boys and a girl
Reaction score
I have a real pram issue and I'm struggling, so would love someone's advice or experience.

Basically I have 2 children, one who is 3 and the other who is 5 and bubs on the way. My issue is my 3 year old can't walk very far due to a heart condition, he will walk though and would like to encourage this.
I have tried buggy boards but find they hurt my shins, can't use a sling as a) have heavy babies and b) c section. What I need is something that is a single but will convert to a double if needed, or a sit down stand up (been looking at Joovy Ultralight and Mia moda Compagno.

I know there is the Icandy peach but find it very heavy and bulky,
My concern with the Joovy is when the baby is out of the car seat and in the front seat you cant recline fully for naps.

My other problem is my other son is autistic and has mobility issues, although can be a good walker but sometimes tires easily so need to accommodate him ie his age.

So to sum up looking for a stroller and a half (preferably) or a twin tandem that converts to single to accommodate ages newborn/3-4/5-6.

Any help appreciated thanks

The Britax dual? or a Bertini (they are quite often on Ebay and have a toddler seat on top, as with the Emmaljunga). I have a similar problem, my 3 year old son is autistic and I have two younger, but thankfully ive got him used to walking on the occassion im brave enough to take him out (he has quite bad 'meltdowns' when we go out). There is an american pram that has an additional jockey seat called a Valco runabout?? xx

Thanks Mumof5, yes my son has meltdowns to, but when oh is with me he carries him. So concern is more for the 3 years old and bubs. Freakily I have just won a Bertini shuttle from Ebay, so praying its ok. If not going to probably buy the Joovy ultralight as can recline (although not all the way, but more than I thought, when child is standing).
I will also check out the Valco, thanks. Isn't it odd that here in the Uk we don't cater for this problem as much as in US?
Thanks again for your help, very appreciated

you could also try the mutsy urban rider with the duo seat unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->