Af advice?

hollyrose

Reaction score
hi, i had a miscarriage on 12th jan, was 8 weeks pregnant. finished bleeding 16th jan and no bleeding since. af arrived 11th feb, bled quite heavily for 2 days and has tapered off now to hardly any bleeding at all. is this normal?
i know there isn't really a normal for ur first af after a miscarriage but just wondering how long anyone else's 1st af lasted and how heavy/light it was?

thanks in advance. xo

First, I'm very sorry for you loss :( I miscarried the same day as you. I just got what I assume is my af and she's acting weird too! Its mostly spotting, with some heavier parts. But for the most part, I don't even need to wear any protection. Plus I'm getting weird pains. I think they're all weird and messed up the first time after.

I'm so sorry for you loss :hugs:

My 1st period after my mc was very heavy but actually quite long too, I remember feeling it was like another mc, but I knew it wasn't, I passed clots, and also the period after that was orrible too :nope:

xxxxxxxxx

I'm so sorry for your losses.
I think the majority of women have weird AFs after a MC, but they don't seem to be uniform. ie: not everyone has a heavy, long period like I expected. Some women have a super light first period that lasts two weeks, others have a very heavy, short one. I personally had a long, heavy one.
I know of a couple of women who had two very heavy days, then nothing for about 4-5 days, then suddenly started again.
I've realised that an abnormal period is "normal" after a MC, and that it's not often the same for every MC experienced by the same woman.
Personally, I'm waiting to see what my second AF is like. If my third one is STILL weird, I'm going to the docs.

Hi, sorry for your loss xx Mine was exactly the same as yours. Bled heavily for 2 days then nothing but a bit a spotting 2 days after that. I was worried too but apparantly its quite normal. :hug:

I miscarried at 10 weeks on Nov. 30th and didn't have what I'm calling my first period until 8 1/2 - 9 weeks later on Jan. 29th. It started with the tiniest bit of brown when wiping, brown spotting picked up a bit after a couple days so I needed a liner, was heaviest when exercising (but still light), then tapered off over several days of just brown when wiping again. It was mostly brown, some dark brownish red and just one bit of bright red at the end but that was after sex. It was 10 days from the first time I saw something to the day it was completely gone. Very little cramping. My periods used to be more like 5-6 days and fairly heavy with quite a bit of cramping. I'm hopeful that was really my first period and that I just ovulated last weekend, because I had some cramping for a couple days. I guess I'll find out in a couple weeks with either a second period or a BFP!!! It feels good to finally feel like I'm getting back on track and able to finally start trying properly again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->