AF after D&C?

sounder

Reaction score
hello - just wondering if any of you reading have had a D&C before? i had one on november 30th and am still waiting for AF....when should she arrive? i did have light bleeding on dec.23rd, 3 weeks after, but i thought it was residual and much too early for my AF. here i am almost 7 weeks later, we are ttc again, but i don't seem to have ovulated yet either. very confusing and frustrating. i might find comfort in knowing your experiences. thanks.

Hi hun,
I had a d and c 30th Nov as well...:cry: I got my AF 27th Dec so 1 month 1 day after.... It was heavy and lasted untill 31st! Have u spoken to your doc? I know that everyone is diffent to get back to there cycles....xx:thumbup:

Sorry for your loss :hugs:

I had an ERPC on 15th Dec and was told to expect AF between 3 and 6 weeks later. It just arrived on Friday (4 weeks and 2 days after the procedure) and is very heavy and painful :( I think everyone's experiences and waiting times are different though, have you seen the thread in this section with the poll of waiting times for AF after a miscarriage? That might help ease your mind. If i were in your shoes i'd probably give it a couple more weeks and then make an appointment with my GP if AF still hadn't showed, or possibly take a HPT if you went back to TTC again straight away.

Hope that helps :hugs:

i am sorry to hear of your losses. thank you for sharing. i am beginning to get cramps and am hopeful that it is pms. i still haven't had a follow up with my doctor - seems she is very busy and hasn't wanted me sitting in a waiting room full of pregnant women, which is thoughtful of her, yet i am anxious about the genetic test results and want my body to be back on track. seems so strange to actually look forward to having AF!

I had a D and C on 19th Nov and am still waiting for AF
It is sooooo frustrating being stuck in limbo so I know excatly how you feel. I saw the doc at the weekend and she told me to wait 2 more weeks arggggghhhh
Hopefully your AF is on its way and you can start TTC

Hi,

I had a D&C at the end of July last year and I didn't get my first AF till the end of September, it depends on how long it takes for your hormone levels to drop for your body to start a new cycle. It felt like it took forever!! Since then I have had monthly periods but each cycle is longer than the last.

Hey there,

I am on week 10/11 since my d&c and still no sign of my AF. I went to see my dr a week ago and she said it was not that unusual to still be waiting, however if still no sign of my AF then I can go back to her in a months time and get referred. It's a horrible time waiting, but I've tried to keep myself busy and not to think about it too much (easier said than done!) and I'm sure mine will turn up at the most inconvenient time, but boy will I be pleased to see it! :) xx

i had erpc on thursday of last week so still have all the paperwork to hand - that says to contact you doctor if not received AF 7 weeks after so maybe check number of weeks and call your doctor / obgyn for a check up?

i'm getting through this by being determined to start trying again... it's been 6 days and I am already wishing time away so we can ttc again. i've never been so keen to see AF!

much love,

k.x

I am sorry for your loss! I had a D&C on Nov. 19th and AF showed up on Dec. 21st and was painful! a few days before AF came, I passed a large chunk of tissue and then had the time between that and AF with 0 cramps. AF was painful for me, more than I am used to =(

Have you gone to the doctors to see what they say? I hope she shows for you soon!

i had a d n c last march and had my af 27 days later, i then had a regular 28 day cycle.

I have had 2 d&cs with on it was 9 weeks before af came with the other it was a normal cycle
it all depends on how fast your hcg levels come back down

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->