af after mc?

crazytulip

Reaction score
posted this elsewere then was pointed in this direction so sorry for repost
Hi. I don't know if anyone can give some advice, but my husband and I are trying for number 2, we had a mc in july, since then my af has been awol, before that it was pretty regular. I have recently stopped breastfeeding my daughter, so I don't know if that's the cause, but last week I spotted for a couple days with some brown gunk following, then nothing, its getting frustrating waiting for my body to settle down and not knowing what's going on

Your story sounds very similar to mine! I also had a MC at the beginning of July and trying to conceive again. I already have a 2 year old daughter. The breastfeeding could have something to do with your irregular AF's. Have you spoken to your doctor? My AF's used to be regular 28 days and now they seem to be 31 days! I thought I would be pregnant again by now, but I have to bide my time and wait, which I hate doing!! :cry:

Hope you get there soon and I know what you are going through. :hugs:

I am feeling very down at the moment. One of my best friends is pregnant and is currently 20 weeks, I would have been 5 weeks ahead of her at this point. She came round yesterday with her latest scan photos and as usual I put on a happy face and sounded excited! When she left I cried and it bought back all those sad memories. It also seems that lots more friends and even celebrities are pregnant at the moment. My poor husband is very good and puts up with me crying etc and he is hurting too.

Good luck and let me know how you are getting on!

I'm going through something similar. Had an early mc in August was like clockwork 28 days and my first AF was 35 days and this one seems to be the same as well... :(

I had early mc end of July and it was exactly 10 weeks before I got af so I'm in the same situation. Dn't know when next af will come! I fell on very quickly with both my previous pregnancies so really thought I would be pregnant again by now and I'm gettin very sad about it. It just shows your body can take a while to sort itself out.
Hope you have some news soon
xx

I had mmc and subsequent erpc on 24th Aug and I'm still waiting for my first af.
Procedure went well and bleeding stopped after about a week although it was more like spotting.
I too am getting concerned now that something is wrong. Went to docs at 6 weeks post m/c and if said to come back if nothing by 10 weeks but don't really want to wait another 2 weeks.
I just want to be back to normal.

Hi ladies,

So sorry for all your losses :hugs: I too had a mc in July. My cycles pre-mc were ALWAYS 28 days and my first af after mc was exactly that. Then last month I had a 31 day cycle and this month who knows....af hasnt arrived yet and now Im cd32. I have done preg tests but so far all BFN.

I think our bodies need time to heal. If Im honest I think it's not just my body - my heart is still broken into 1,000,000 pieces. :cry:

I think our bodies need time to heal. If Im honest I think it's not just my body - my heart is still broken into 1,000,000 pieces. :cry:

Raisin,
I'm with you on that one, I thought I was handling it all well and as time goes on, I realise I am not.
It seems that everyone is pregnant, I totally fell apart when one of my close friends had her 12 week scan as that is when I found out mine had died.
My SIL is now 28 weeks pregnant and I feel like my heart is being ripped out everytime I see her.

:hugs: to you and everyone else on here who is in the same situation.
I don't feel like I will ever hold my own baby :cry:

:dust: to you all :dust:

thanks for the replies, my heart feels like its breaking this morning, as I learn of a 5th person I know who has got there bfp! Most these people were apparently not even trying and they fell after either drunken sex or when they are having major relationship problems!!
life is such a bitch :(
I am bloated and grumpy all signs of af and nothing, a bfn last week, I feel like crying :(
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: to everyone

Its sooo comforting to read that people are going through the same thing as me! I miscarried at the end of May. It seems like everyone around me is prego or just had their baby, and it hurts so much to try and put on a happy face with every new announcement. I feel like we are the ones who are in the right spot. Finally married have our own house etc. Every announcement I that comes along was an accident. I just want my cycle to become normal again and to have that BFP again for my own!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->