AF after miscarriage... anyone had it come early?

gypsy1981

Mum and expecting #2
Reaction score
My miscarriage started 3 weeks ago today and the bleeding lasted approx 6 days. We started TTC again as soon as the bleeding ended and I got positive OPK's last Monday and Tuesday so I estimate that my AF is due next Tuesday at the latest as I normally have a LP of 13-14 days.

Ever since yesterday afternoon I've been feeling really achey and crampy as if AF is coming, yet the doctor told me to expect it 4-6 weeks after the bleeding started so it should be a minimum of another week before it comes - and if it comes today then it means it'll be only 7 days since I ovulated. Has anyone ever had it come earlier than 4 weeks afterwards?

I'm hoping that the aches and cramps are down to pregnancy and implantation but it feels so like AF. My lower back is hurting, I keep getting twinges in my sides and the tops of my legs are hurting. My bbs are so painful too though and I keep getting dizzy spells so could this be a good sign?

Really hope its a good sign. I not sure havn't got this far yet. Sending you good wishes.xx

Thank you x

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much as I've never suffered a MC before so I don't know how my body should be reacting in the aftermath - I keep thinking it could be just residual hormones from last month getting out of my system. But then on the flipside, I know my HCG levels went back to zero after my MC as I took 2 pregnancy tests which were both very definite negatives.

I'm just praying this isn't AF coming, as even if I'm not pregnant then it'll mean by LP is only 7 days.

Hi I'm nearly in the same boat as you,

I miscarried 4 weeks ago on thurs, I was 11 weeks when I miscarried naturally although there had been no growth since around 5 weeks. I bled for 11 days, got a negative hpt at 13 days and then got a positive opk on days 14 and 15 so was hoping for a bfp this week. I have been cramping in my lower back and stomach since last week (never get af pains in my stomach as I have a retroverted uterus) My DH is conviced I am pregnant as I am moody!! and have had nausea and dizziness! All of my usual early signs.

The cramps have got worse today and I got a bfn on an internet cheapie so I think af is definately on her way. I'll test again on Thurs but only really because I've got a wedding to go to and want to know if I can drink!!

I'm very confused, just feel like I don't know what's going on with my body, although I have cramps I haven't had any of my other af symptoms (I usually get a migrane for 2-3 days before)

Got my fingers crossed for you xxx

Fingers crossed for you too, it sounds very positive. The need to be pregnant again just feels so strong after a miscarriage, I am absolutely desperate to be a mother. I would have been 8 weeks yesterday and would have had my first midwife appointment this week so that was hard.

Is this your first that you're trying to conceive or do you already have children? I wish there was a textbook for this sort of thing to tell you exactly when AF should turn up and exactly what symptoms you should be getting if you're pregnant!

Gypsy I'm wondering the same! It's frustrating not knowing if symptoms are because of AF, pregnancy or the m/c

I've heard that you should count the 1st day of bleeding as CD1, some say the last day of bleeding should be CD1 and others say the day your HCG was back to 0 is CD1...?! :shrug:

Last week I was convinced I was having pg symptoms but then I realized I most likely o'd a week later than I normally would've bc I had a bunch of EWCM last weekend so the symptoms may've really been from ovulation... that o date matches up with now being 8 dpo. Who knows what our bodies are up to...?! :wacko:

I'm so sorry for your loss, best of luck this cycle! :dust:

Mine came after just two weeks after my D&C - so we have started TTC again!

Good luck to you!!

Addisonsmom - Do you know if you ovulated in that time or were you not tracking it?

Cyn - I'm sorry for your loss too, it's such a confusing time. I counted the first day of my bleeding as CD1 and I ovulated 12-13 days later so that would be about right for me - maybe a day or 2 earlier than I would normally ovulate as I usually have a 30 day cycle.

My AF still hasn't shown but the cramps are persisting. This is either going to be a VERY bad AF or I am pregnant... I'm hoping for the latter! Good luck to everyone x

Sorry for your losses.

I've been thinking the same thing as you all, it's hard to know when AF or O is going to come. I've been getting O symptoms for the past few days. So maybe AF will come for me in about 2 weeks??? It would be great to have a survival guide to get us all through this baffling time and make some sense of what our bodies are up to!

Good luck to you all xx

sorry to all you girls for your losses. i know exactly how you all feel i recently had a miscarraige its my second one. the first one was in april i had a blighted ovum. the second was in july, i still dont have a period yet im getting very frustrated. I have had sex hubby and i tried straight away to get preggie. I did a preggie test 8th aug was negative. feel preggie but hcg level last friday was below 5. I have been very fertile last night, i think maybe i have ovulated late. Has anyone ovulated late after a miscarriage?With my first miscarriage my period came 28 days after miscarriage, but with second miscarriage its totally different. I am on thyroid medication could that be why my period is not coming yet?Any help would be really great. Thanks Ladies. I think about my angels every day i bought a crystal angel in memory of my angels i lost.

Just so you know, I monitored my betas after my MC at 5W3, the bleeding lasted one week and it was "natural", the day I stopped bleeeding the HPT was negative but 3 days after that my betas were still 15, they took another week to drop to 0. HTH

How is everyone doing this morning? Mrsmitch - any sign of a BFP yet? I'm going to test on Sunday I think, I done one on Wednesday night but it was BFN - hardly surprising considering I'm not even due my AF til Tuesday :)

Sammy1205 - I wondered about that but I think your levels have to be at zero before you can ovulate though and I definitely got positive OPK's so it must have returned to zero at some point. Are you TTC again now?

Hi All,

Here's an update -

I thought that AF was due on 11th but no show, I did a preg test and got a bfn :cry: The thing is because my hormone levels were not checked after the miscarriage I didn't really know when my HCG level was below 5, I did a preg test 2 weeks after which was neg so the hospital discharged me. I decided to buy a load of internet cheapie pg tests and OPK's and just use them every day to try to get a picture of what my body's doing (I know it's a bit mad but it drives me crazy wondering what's going on!)

Anyway I suddenly got a BFP OPK very unexpectedly one day so me and OH hurredly BD'd!! I've worked it out and it was 16 days after my BFN preg test, I usually 'O' on CD 17 so it looks as though I'm back to normal-ish!

So....now I'm 5dpo and playing the waiting game!

How is everyone else doing?

XX

Fingers crossed for you too, it sounds very positive. The need to be pregnant again just feels so strong after a miscarriage, I am absolutely desperate to be a mother. I would have been 8 weeks yesterday and would have had my first midwife appointment this week so that was hard.

Is this your first that you're trying to conceive or do you already have children? I wish there was a textbook for this sort of thing to tell you exactly when AF should turn up and exactly what symptoms you should be getting if you're pregnant!

I'm trying not to count how far along I should be (easier said than done I know!) all I know is that I was due on 2nd Feb 2012 so will do something special on that day.

This would have been my second child, my little girl has just turned 2. We've had a rocky road with her as she was born with a number of serious medical problems and has undergone 5 major operations so far. It was a very difficult decision for us to decide to try again as there is a slightly higher chance of us having another child with problems and because when our daughter is 4 she will have another major operation so we can't really have a tiny baby as we literally have to move into the hospital for a few weeks.

Once we made the decision we really only had a year for it to happen until we have to put it on hold until the operation is over - that was a christmas so the pressure is on now!!

I remember when I got pregnant with my daughter, it was our first month trying and I didn't expect it to happen so I didn't test until I was 6 weeks. I just know that I felt like AF was coming so every time I thought about doing a test I decided against it because I had cramps!! Wish I had that willpower now!!

Fingers crossed it happens for us soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->