AF and Tubal Ligation Surgery

kytwinmom

Reaction score
Hi all. I had my tubes tied after my youngest was born and he is now 4 months old. I have yet to have a period so far this month and I normally have already started for these past few months. Have any of you that have had a tubal ligation surgery had problems with your cycles being irregular afterward or is this something that I should worry about?

Sorry, I've no personal experience... I've yet to have a normal period since my LO was born - but I've been on loestrine BC for well over a year-- my few friends that had that after LO didn't seem to have anything "out of the ordinary"- and trust me, we converse about the subject- LOL. But one was BF for months- so she just got her period back, the other always had irregular periods. Personally, I always had a very regular period- even before LO when I was on the pill... so that kinda freaked me out, but all is normal.

If you have concerns- I'd speak with your OB. But honestly, it can take several months for hormones and such to get back to normal- so I'd try not to worry for now and just give it some more time and see...

I'm supposed to be going to my family doctor in the morning so I will ask her and go from there.

Hope you get some answers!

Well they did a pregnancy test to rule that out and came back negative. Doctor said that it is possible that my hormones may still be out of whack from having the baby and to give it time. Sure enough, last week my AF came. I've never been so relieved to have a period! Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->