AF is 16 days late! :( Did anyone get a really late BFP?

pradabooties

Reaction score
Hi all

I've read plenty of tales of women who got negative pregnancy tests til later on / until they had a blood test at the doctors. I'm not getting my hopes too high up and I know my cycle might just be wack this month but AF is now 16 days late but BFN! I've been having symptoms since 7DPO so I am very confused.

On top of that, I feel so stupid, I just paid $15 for an online doc consultation (all accredited so not a scam) but he was USELESS and so rude :cry: I told him my situation and I mentioned that I was confused because I had read stories of plenty of women who didn't get a positive HPT and had to find out with a blood test at the Dr and he just said "No that's not true, you cannot be pregnant, home pregnancy tests are fool proof"! I said well I have read so many accounts of it happening to women..? And he just said those women were wrong. What a waste.

I would really like some support and hearing your personal stories of this happening. I feel like I'm going crazy, I just want AF or a BFP!

I am with you, I'm 10 days late with BFNs so far and also had a similar depressing conversation with the nurse answering the phone at my doctors office :( So I'm also interested in peoples real life accounts. I have very regular cycles (aside from 2 chemicals in the past 7 months) so it's hard for me to grasp not being pregnant but being so late.

I am with you, I'm 10 days late with BFNs so far and also had a similar depressing conversation with the nurse answering the phone at my doctors office :( So I'm also interested in peoples real life accounts. I have very regular cycles (aside from 2 chemicals in the past 7 months) so it's hard for me to grasp not being pregnant but being so late.

Hi there, I am glad to not be alone! I'm sorry you are feeling this way too. And I'm sorry your nurse was rude! People can be awful. It is very very confusing... I've read SO many stores on babycenter.com and other sites from dozens and dozens of women who got negatives despite being pregnant - and well into their first trimester and even second. I also read this https://mom-nom.com/2010/05/17/if-you-want-to-trust-pregnancy-tests-stop-reading-now/
On one hand it gives hope and on the other it makes it more annoying because I'd rather just know for sure either way! I am also very regular so it is hard to understand. Do you know what your next step will be? I am booked into the doctor now for next week

I took a blood test a couple days ago but haven't gotten the results yet, I'm assuming it will be negative becuase I got a BFN thus morning from a home test. I guess once I get the blood results I'll ask for a consult. Here's to waiting! I agree it would be nice just to know one way or the other ;)

Just to make it more confusing I went to throw out my HPT from yesterday (don't know about you guys but I tend not to chuck them straight away - silly but true!) and as I glanced at it there's a line... fairly sure its an evap. I hadn't looked at it since instantly after I tested so I don't know when the line formed/how long after. What do you guys think? I've never had an evap before only blank BFN's

https://i60.tinypic.com/2i6c8lc.jpg

I dont know! That line seems to have color which makes me think it might not be an evap! My evaps have always been squinters and somewhat grey in color, but your line looks pink. Test again with your next first morning urine!

I dont know! That line seems to have color which makes me think it might not be an evap! My evaps have always been squinters and somewhat grey in color, but your line looks pink. Test again with your next first morning urine!

Thanks for your reply! This is the first time I've had any form of line at all on a test so even if its an evap its a nice change lol! I actually am out of tests right now and was thinking I would wait to test again til I'm 3 weeks late next Tuesday - thanks to the Easter holidays looks like thats what I'll be doing!

Thanks for your reply! This is the first time I've had any form of line at all on a test so even if its an evap its a nice change lol! I actually am out of tests right now and was thinking I would wait to test again til I'm 3 weeks late next Tuesday - thanks to the Easter holidays looks like thats what I'll be doing!

I know exactly what you mean! I had months and months of tests that had NOTHING but I have gotten a few faint positives and when I did my docs at the time told me they were faulty tests. (But I was also late, because my LP is 12 days and I was 16DPO) But I knew that they weren't faulty tests. So yeah, I know that feeling of "I never see anything but now, holy shit, theres something there for once" lol! Either way, it's upt o you when to test but I would love to see another POAS ASAP ;P

I know exactly what you mean! I had months and months of tests that had NOTHING but I have gotten a few faint positives and when I did my docs at the time told me they were faulty tests. (But I was also late, because my LP is 12 days and I was 16DPO) But I knew that they weren't faulty tests. So yeah, I know that feeling of "I never see anything but now, holy shit, theres something there for once" lol! Either way, it's upt o you when to test but I would love to see another POAS ASAP ;P

Yep exactly haha! I have a big feeling it is an evap but I will definitely test again soonish and will update! :) Can't believe AF is 16 days late though and no clear BFP

Hope it's a true bfp for you! I'm still testing negative, my blood test came back negative and my doc wants me to test again on Monday (blood test). If still BFN then a consult

Pradabooties, I'm in the same spot you're in! Completely missed AF (light brown spotting in its place), now 32 DPO... After 3 more days of random spotting a week later, I tested (BFN!) then called my OBGYN and talked to a nurse. I've got a 40 day cycle and I told her about 2 sets of spotting. She was insistent that I had to be pregnant and told me to test again that day and if it was negative, wait a week, and call her back with a positive. :wacko: She told me it's normal for hormone levels to rise slowly in first time pregnancies and that she herself didn't get a BFP until 6 weeks after ovulating. :dohh:

Of course the test I took that day was negative also and now I'm twiddling my thumbs until this coming Saturday... Bah! Can't believe how rude (and uneducated!) that doctor you spoke with was... Baby dust for your second blood test!!

Pradabooties, I'm in the same spot you're in! Completely missed AF (light brown spotting in its place), now 32 DPO... After 3 more days of random spotting a week later, I tested (BFN!) then called my OBGYN and talked to a nurse. I've got a 40 day cycle and I told her about 2 sets of spotting. She was insistent that I had to be pregnant and told me to test again that day and if it was negative, wait a week, and call her back with a positive. :wacko: She told me it's normal for hormone levels to rise slowly in first time pregnancies and that she herself didn't get a BFP until 6 weeks after ovulating. :dohh:

Of course the test I took that day was negative also and now I'm twiddling my thumbs until this coming Saturday... Bah! Can't believe how rude (and uneducated!) that doctor you spoke with was... Baby dust for your second blood test!!

So glad I'm not alone!!! Although I'm sorry you're in the same predicament :( it is SO frustrating. AF is now 3 full weeks late. The only spotting I've had was on ovulation back at the end of Feb. So will you be going back to the doctor Saturday? My appointment is tomorrow, I'm hoping they'll give me a blood test! x

Hope it's a true bfp for you! I'm still testing negative, my blood test came back negative and my doc wants me to test again on Monday (blood test). If still BFN then a consult

How did the second blood test go? x

Hi!
Just updating that I'm now 3 weeks and 1 day late and I finally went to the doctor this morning. She was lovely but did say she trusts HPTs quite a bit so she thinks its unlikely that I'm pregnant but decided to send me for a blood test just in case. The blood test was for pregnancy plus a prenatal check so it checks my thyroid function, iron levels etc since I told her that if I'm not pregnant now I do plan to be within the next year or so.

They took quite a lot of blood! I go back for a follow up appointment in a week but she said I'd get a call sooner if anything abnormal showed up on the test - I guess this means they'd call if I am pregnant?

The doctor was quite surprised that I haven't had my period since Feb 17 and when I told her the dates I had light spotting around ovulation and the fact OH and I had done the deed all around and on ovulation dates she was like right okay I see where you're coming from, lets definitely test for hcg.

Hows everyone else doing?

pradabooties any update?

Update for me - I am currently 18 days late and still BFN all around, including HPTs and two blood tests. My doc is on vacation until next week (made me really upset when they office told me that even though she is obviously entitled to vacation, but I'm just sitting around thinking too much). Still no sign of AF here, and like you said - I had light spotting around O day and also light (bright) spotting around DPO 13 for 1 day only so at the time I was hoping that was IB. But nothing since!

For me this has been the hardest experience, because emotionally I feel like I'm just going thru an extended chemical/miscarriage.

Argh.

I am 10 days late and every test I have peed on has turned up negative. I have all the symptoms and have even noticed breast swelling. They feel like water balloons.

I started spotting today...pinkish brown spotting...so I'm not sure if it's just normal, if my period is just super late, or if it's chemical :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->